Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:20:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZombieRun - Retro local multiplayer platformer [Android Released!]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ZombieRun - Retro local multiplayer platformer [Android Released!]  (Read 8847 times)
indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Indrek Vändrik and for the last 6 months I've been working hard on my very first game ZombieRun.

ZombieRun is a fast paced Think-Less-Shoot-More type of platformer game.

Story
In the game you find yourself between two drooling zombies at a forest graveyard. You realize that the thunderstorm that brought you here wasn't the only thing that messed with the world while you were out. So you start to move towards the city for some clarification and answers.

Screenshots

Announcement trailer

ZombieRun is on Greenlight. Vote if you want to support us.

ZombieRun is available at itch.io,
Desura and
indiegamestand.com

ZombieRun is also available on Android.
Google Play
and
Amazon App Store

Zombierun web page http://zombierun.eu
Zombierun twitter feed https://twitter.com/ZombieRunGame

All feedback is welcome!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:22:42 AM by indrekv » Logged

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

A little bit more about the features in this zombieblaster.

The game is going to be having four different scenes. Starting from the forest/graveyard and ending in a skyscraper. Also there are 4 different zombies and two flying baddies to battle. The player can use 4 different weapons starting from regular handgun and ending with Automatic rifle. So all the firepower needed is present.

Game's main feature is going to be hidden and alternate paths. This means that the levels offer multiple ways to go from the beginning to the end. This let's the player discover something new with each gameplay.

Also player can collect apples and carrots to activate special powers. Now I'm going to start introducing the special powers.

Let's meet the Doublejump

Doublejump will be your best friend in those hard to reach places. When activating the doublejump the player is able to jump two times in a row without touching the ground between the jumps. But be aware the doublejump is only active for 20 seconds so no time to wait start jumping right away.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:18:16 AM »

This week has been a real breakthrought week for me.

At the end of last week I started to think about a quote that some game developer once said (sorry don't remember the name) "Create the game you would want to play". So I thought about the games that I have had the most fun with lately.And then it hit me that for last few years I rarely play games alone. I just have more fun with some couch co-op gaming or split-screen action. And here we have it. This week I added co-op mode to ZombieRun.

It's now possible for up to 4 players to blast away the living dead together. This means I basically refactored a big part of the game logic and created 7 new fun characters to choose from.

Also last night one of my gamer friends came over and we did a fast testdrive of the new features and got some great feedback and thoughts on how to go forward.

Thank you and all comments are welcome.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »

By now I've finished almost all of the features I planned to include into ZombieRun. Some things that aren't implemented can be added later. Right now I'm trying to create a solid ingame update system to release the game and continue the development. Until then I'll introduce the characters and story of the game.

In ZombieRun you can choose your hero from many different characters. I'll start introducing the cast.

First Up is Nigel The Ninja.

Nigel was just mastering the old art of slicing fruit with his samurai sword,
when suddenly the earth started shaking and before he new it he was flying like superman.
Of course Nigel thought that he had leveled up and achieved the let's fly badge.
Sadly it was not the case. Next thing he remembered was opening his eyes to
see some boring trees and gravestones. What's that all about.

The Close second is Hipster Herb.

Herb had just seen the cutest butterfly flying by. The beauty of that delicate tender creature had stopped time and space. How is it that something so natural and simple can be so beautiful. Once again Herb felt that the world is a beautiful place to live. Suddenly the butterfly was thrown away by a strong wind. At the next moment Herb felt as he was the butterfly gliding through the air. "Wow dreams do come try", he thought and then he saw the forest closing in as he was falling from the sky.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 04:08:43 AM »

Good stuff, mate!  Beer!

Any chance for a video demonstrating the co-op mode?

I really like the in-game sound effects in your trailer, such as the gun sounds.
indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 04:12:25 AM »

Good stuff, mate!  Beer!

Any chance for a video demonstrating the co-op mode?

I really like the in-game sound effects in your trailer, such as the gun sounds.

Thanks mate. I'll try to create some demo videos for both, the co-op mode and the competitive mode.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 04:14:09 AM »

Screenshot for saturday. Nigel The Ninja handling his business in the sewers.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:18:40 AM by indrekv » Logged

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 07:20:19 AM »

Screenshot for saturday. Nigel The Ninja handling his buisness in the sewers.

Sweet! Now you need some moody music for that level:

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »

Let's meet another character. Capoeira Claus

Just as planned Claus was performing his very favorite capoeira workout on the beach. The waves were crashing the shore and the wind was blowing through his hair. Pretty much a perfect morning. Claus was feeling more and more fresh after every move, he felt how his body was filling with energy. Then one moment he felt that the ground was gone. He was levitating in the air, could this be the next step in capoeira or something else?

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 05:53:52 AM »

Considering your game is so dark, the outlines on the characters is REALLY needed?

Yeah.
indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 11:50:22 PM »

Just published first blog post about my road to ZombieRun. In this blog post I give a little insight to how I got started with game development. What were the main motivators that pushed me to really make an effort and start doing what I had wanted to do for some time. It describes my first platformer game "Sneaky ninja" built with Canvas and how I decided to take developing ZombieRun a little bit more seriously.

http://zombierun.eu/the-road-to-zombierun/

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 02:00:12 AM »

Let's meet the oldest memeber of the Cast - Old timer Talbot.

Talbot had a great day, his hip hadn't ached from the morning and he had breakfast at a local diner with his favorite girl Margaret. His old faithful heart was filled with endless joy as he was walking along the seaside to his apartment. Nothing can screw up this good vibe I'm having, he thought. Moments later he noticed that for the last mile he had walked with his walking cane in his hand. This was a sign, sign of something good. And BAM! Talbot got hit with a skateboard flying through the air with everybody else. He felt liberated until the moment he felt the carrying wind was weakening and he started to fell faster and faster til there was darkness.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 08:44:53 AM »

How hansome can it get? Pretty hansome. Let's welcome PrettyBoy Brad

Brad was excited, he walked left and right and then left again. Three tubes of hair gel for the price of one. How can this get better. Brad had just tested out the newly bought stuff and he looked great. He felt great, he felt like nothing could stop him. He looked himself deeply in the eyes and said "you're unstoppable now pal!". As soon as he had declared his power the roof started flying of and then he was elevated and was spinning around and around. After feeling quite sick and oozy he passed out.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »

Let's invite ladies to the stage. Meet The Blonde Bandit

The Blonde Bandit had just served another one of her famous nut shots to one of many sleazebags who dared to compliment her brown eyes as nice blue eyes. Bandit was thinking to herself that clear sight must be a rarity these days, when she felt getting lighter and lighter. She felt the ground leaving from under her feet and everything feeling so free. Moments later the quiet and freedom was over, there were people flying and stuff flying around everywhere and then a blank. Next time The Bandit opened her eyes she was greeted by a tombstone and trees dancing in the wind. What could all this mean?

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 01:44:14 AM »

This week has once again been very productive. Two weeks ago I stumbled on the news that IGF submission is two weeks away. I looked at my post-it wall and saw two post-its saying. "Submit to IGF in 2013..." and "...or no pancakes for a year". Needless to say I love my pancakes and started putting in the hours. Last night I was finally ready to send my game to the judges, so I did. My very first real Indie game in my first ever game competition.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 04:43:52 AM »

If everything goes as planned, (And I do like it when the plan comes together like Hannibal from the A-team) a playable demo will be released during some time this week.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »

Lot's going on this week. Started creating battle mode. Basically a deathmatch mode that allows to solve the question who's best at ZombieRun.

Also created Facebook page for my game. Here it is
https://www.facebook.com/TheZombieRunGame

I don't even know why I didn't do it sooner.

Also packaged up a demo of the game. Will be testing it out and if nothing blows up will be releasing it tomorrow.

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »

Are you going to be adding sloped tiles? The interior level (sewer?) with the grey tiles looked like it would really benefit from it.

This looks really charming.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:45 AM »

Are you going to be adding sloped tiles? The interior level (sewer?) with the grey tiles looked like it would really benefit from it.

This looks really charming.

Good point, I'll consider it. The sewer levels have a lot of going up and down. Thanks for the idea.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »

Finally packaged a demo for ZombieRun. Go get the ZombieRun demo now from http://zombierun.eu/

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic