Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:35:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSuper Ubi Land EP
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Super Ubi Land EP  (Read 2278 times)
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »

Hi guys,

As part of the Super Ubi Land kickstarter, I've put together a 9-track EP of some of my favourite tracks from the OST so far (including 3 unreleased secret tracks!) There's also piano sheet music inside and a little thank you pdf! The EP is available in any of the reward bundles over 10$.

Click Here to go to the Super Ubi Land Kickstarter page

Tracklist:

1. Main Theme
2. Bonus Boogie
3. Midnight Lake
4. March of The Green Lands
5. Frost Fandango
6. Shop Theme
7. ? ? ?
8. ? ? ?
9. ? ? ?

You can stream tracks 1-6 on soundcloud right now

This soundtrack has been (and will continue to be) my baby for the past 8 months so I really hope those who are interested enjoy it. For those who cannot spare 10$, I've put up the main theme for free download from now until monday! Click here to download while you still can!

Thanks for your time everyone!

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »

I love this so much

hidingspot
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:49:33 AM »

Best of luck with the Kickstarter Calum!  On a slight tangent, I ran across your previous ubi soundtrack on the Notion Games website.  The Ubi's Jam track is splendid.  It made me want to dance, and I'm a terrible dancer.  Good work.

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »

ahaha superchop! :~D

Thanks both of you! Means a lot.

CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:26:27 AM »

Hey there man, I can't seem to escape your music! ..but of course that isn't a bad thing, it's incredibly catchy and unique! Awesome stuff!  Gentleman
TristezaOrange
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »

Done! Can't wait for the EP! I am also making the downloadable theme my ringtone.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:46:35 PM by TristezaOrange » Logged

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »

hahah case!

and thanks antonis!

I'm putting together the piano sheets right now. I've done the main theme. I'll probably do around 5 in total. Any ideas of which would be best?

TristezaOrange
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 10:37:30 AM »

March Of The Green Lands, definitely!

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »

Needs more banjo

melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »

I have contributed! And await the EP...

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »

I love it! It has a very unique and very cheery sound - the perfect soundtrack to getting up in the mornings (in addition to being the perfect soundtrack to super ubi land that is)!
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »

Thanks for all your comments! Your awaiting, Sean, will unfortunately be until the end of the KS. Reasons being 1). the kickstarter came unexpected early for me and I want to add more content (mostly piano sheets) - does anyone have any ideas for what else would be cool in the EP? 2). Although I wouldn't suspect that anyone would do it, there's the chance that people could pledge, get the download link and then cancel their pledge, so I suppose it's a little bit of a safety net as well. The biggest reason is wanting to add more content, really as I initially wanted the EP to be available immediately for those who pledge.

Tristeza - I'm gonna definitely do March Of The Green Lands. Any others? I'm thinking Frost Fandango and maybe Bonus Boogie as well. There are some tracks which don't work amazingly well as piano transcriptions because the interesting parts are in how the instrumentation changes or in the production so they make for fairly boring piano arrangements.

Thanks again everyone, we're about 60% there! :~)

melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 02:44:36 PM »

Thanks for all your comments! Your awaiting, Sean, will unfortunately be until the end of the KS. Reasons being 1). the kickstarter came unexpected early for me and I want to add more content (mostly piano sheets) - does anyone have any ideas for what else would be cool in the EP? 2). Although I wouldn't suspect that anyone would do it, there's the chance that people could pledge, get the download link and then cancel their pledge, so I suppose it's a little bit of a safety net as well. The biggest reason is wanting to add more content, really as I initially wanted the EP to be available immediately for those who pledge.

Tristeza - I'm gonna definitely do March Of The Green Lands. Any others? I'm thinking Frost Fandango and maybe Bonus Boogie as well. There are some tracks which don't work amazingly well as piano transcriptions because the interesting parts are in how the instrumentation changes or in the production so they make for fairly boring piano arrangements.

Thanks again everyone, we're about 60% there! :~)

Noooooo okay I can wait!

For things to include in the EP, I've always thought semi-detailed-prosey ramblings on a track's creations/influences to be interesting reads, liner notes I guess, although perhaps that's already planned.

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »

Ah, good thinking Sean!

Yeah, I think a kinda digital booklet type thing with liner notes would be cool!

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 04:03:49 AM »

For those keen to catch those secret tracks - Alpha Omega Radio are playing the full SUL EP during their Indie Power Hour. Super happy that the Kickstarter and the game got featured on the front page as well! :~)

Listen to Alpha Omega Radio here

Also, little sneak preview of my work on some of the extra rewards:

Tough work condensing all the parts into a playable piano score! I'm hoping to keep it challenging but well-written (no annoying fiddly fingering!).

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 04:36:32 AM »

WOAH! I got sent in a video for the main theme piano arrangement. This gave me chills.

Still working on more sheets before the kickstarter time is up. Any other suggestions for tracks? I'm doing March of the Greenlands, also thinking Frost Fandango might be fun and Bonus Boogie too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:31:11 AM by Calum Bowen » Logged

Zoe Coleman Music
Level 1

Composer based in Brighton, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 05:28:06 AM »

so cool! mate defo do the bonus boogie - its like the happiest track alive.

Website | Soundcloud | Twitter |

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »

WOAH! I got sent in a video for the main theme piano arrangement. This gave me chills.

Still working on more sheets before the kickstarter time is up. Any other suggestions for tracks? I'm doing March of the Greenlands, also thinking Frost Fandango might be fun and Bonus Boogie too.
great!

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »

WE GOT FUNDED!! WOOOOOO!

I've been able to finish up first drafts of frost fandango, bonus boogie and march of the green lands. Only 5 days left now. I'm thinking of doing the level complete theme as a really short fun little one and then finishing these up and making them 100% playable and well-written.

I'm quite proud of frost fandango - have a little preview below:

Also, for those interested you can play the new demo of the game here.

Thanks for all the support so far. There's still a little way to go and a lot more music to write with this one! :~)

ilyoung
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 08:36:16 PM »

Wow, super fun, SUPER catchy, very original. Production is top notch as well. Fantastic job.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic