Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998344 Posts in 39153 Topics- by 30563 Members - Latest Member: onimor

April 18, 2014, 10:53:02 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPlaystation 4
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Playstation 4  (Read 2868 times)
C.A. Sinner
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »

tbh, i don't really care about consoles anymore. pc gaming is so much more convenient these days it's ridiculous (steam, lower hardware requirements for new games thanks to console ports and smalltime devs) and most of the games that interest me are released on the platform. i have all 3 current gen consoles but i rarely use them for anything anymore except watching blu rays on my ps3

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 05:09:25 PM »

I'd say it's still about 50/50 for me. Right now I'm playing a lot of psp and psone games on the vita. Finally playing Vagrant Story etc...

Essentially consoles and PC still both give me different things I want in a gaming experience so they are still relevant.

Not a big fan of the social stuff on the ps4. I guess with the popularity of the lets plays on youtube it might be a smart thing to have the share button. I wouldnt really know because I don't really watch lets plays.

The playstation mobile sdk development team have said if there was enough interest they would consider adding the ps3 as a compile target to the c# library. If that happened for ps4 that would be cool.

Graham.
Level 10

hasn't made a game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »

I often want to share something, but games don't give me a way to extract that stuff. Videos are interesting though. 1 step.
Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 05:32:19 PM »

Plus game are multiplat, expect non exclusive to be on pc, it's even a good news for pc gamer because it will unlock new level of production value hold back by console. And it's a good news for the wiiU, basically being just like another "PC" port to scale. And for the first time pc are still the stronger technology (but not at this level of price).

ILLOGICAL, random guy on internet, do not trust (lelebĉcülo dum borobürükiss)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »

I still prefer consoles because I know with absolute certainty that I can put a game in the slot and push power and it'll run. No farting around with display settings, fiddling with a choice of controllers (though the ubiquity of the XBox controller has eased this) or worrying if my video card is up to snuff.

I also like that consoles have (at least up until the PS4, apparently) zero DRM to deal with. I buy a game, and it's mine. Take it to a friends house, loan it to somebody, borrow it from somebody else, no worries. Put it in and play and it's mine forever.

Given the choice, that's why I tend to buy games for my console over the PC release whenever possible. I don't see myself changing any time soon.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:54 AM »

Mr Blow says he wasn't paid for releasing on the PS4 first.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/77949/the-witness-ps4-timed-exclusivity-due-to-limited-resources-console

caiys
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 01:41:09 AM »

He also said they "like the positioning of the PS4 (it's about games) a lot more than what we perceive Microsoft's positioning is going to be."

So what is Microsoft's positioning going to be?
J-Snake
Level 10

a fool with a tool is still a fool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 01:47:19 AM »

Not that I am bothered with what other people are doing but if horse power is the concern then you don't plan a release on ios or macs (if these informations are correct at all).

But there is nothing wrong with exclusivity-contracts if you want to push the hardware/system you like anyway.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.

Super Metroid Tournament: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38039.0

TrapThem: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222597670
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 02:32:41 AM »

He also said they "like the positioning of the PS4 (it's about games) a lot more than what we perceive Microsoft's positioning is going to be."

So what is Microsoft's positioning going to be?

I think he's implying that the Microsoft system will be more of a media-hub crossed with a lot of social media type stuff. He says he thinks ps4 is more games-focused.

Whether or not that's true we shall see.

C.A. Sinner
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 03:17:55 AM »

Plus game are multiplat, expect non exclusive to be on pc, it's even a good news for pc gamer because it will unlock new level of production value hold back by console.
actually that's bad news because it means you can't run new games on a mediocre older pc anymore. the cool thing about pc gaming right now is that you don't need a gaming "rig" and don't need to invest in hardware to keep up with new releases.

tho otoh, where i live the price gap between console and pc games is so huge that it's probably still cheaper even if you buy new hardware.

caiys
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:38 AM »

It's always the way really, once a new console is released it takes a while for a mid-range PC to reach those specs, I doubt we'll see the next new console generation for a very long time. I don't really agree games need new levels of production value though, games like Skyrim already look splendid enough, the only benefit I'm looking for is larger open worlds to explore but that will mean even longer dev times.
alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 04:27:54 AM »

I can't wait for the graphics to finally get better.
TomHunt
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:16 AM »

I think he's implying that the Microsoft system will be more of a media-hub crossed with a lot of social media type stuff. He says he thinks ps4 is more games-focused.

Whether or not that's true we shall see.

Given what I know of Microsoft's plans for world domination, I would say this is probably not incorrect.

J-Snake
Level 10

a fool with a tool is still a fool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »

It's always the way really, once a new console is released it takes a while for a mid-range PC to reach those specs, I doubt we'll see the next new console generation for a very long time.
If the assumed specs are true you can expect the ps4 to be around when Paul Eres turns 50+.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.

Super Metroid Tournament: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38039.0

TrapThem: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222597670
ஒழுக்கின்மை
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

RinkuHero
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 06:20:47 AM »

I can't wait for the graphics to finally get better.

if you're waiting for console graphics to become better than PC graphics you'll have to wait forever, that hasn't been the case since the 70s or something, consoles always just barely keep up with PC during the release year for each generation, and then fall behind again; if you play games for graphics then PC is best

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic