Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:35:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBeginner's Guide to Indie Gaming (WIP)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Author Topic: Beginner's Guide to Indie Gaming (WIP)  (Read 167020 times)
Monothu
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2007, 12:07:21 PM »

I don't get it...You're mad because you didn't get credit? You're mad because Guert is making a list of indie games? I don't think you need to know the name of the developers to enjoy the games or to recommend the games that you enjoy.  If you don't like the list dont look at it.  I don't understand why you are so mad.  I think someone wants a little attention..  by the way, thanks for all your work Guert!
It's common on TIGSource to give credit to a website that the games featured there are found on.  It's an insult when I and Kon-tiki don't get that sort of credit.  I think that Guert isn't the right person to moderate the list because Guert has the knowledge of a beginner.  I'm mad because Kon-tiki was wrongfully banned.

Breathing - America's true national pastime.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2007, 12:21:37 PM »

I have no idea what's made you two guys so angry. I honestly can't tell! Well, looks like you sealed your fate already. Good luck wherever you go from here.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2007, 01:49:22 PM »

Fare thee well, trolls.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »

I have no idea what's made you two guys so angry. I honestly can't tell! Well, looks like you sealed your fate already. Good luck wherever you go from here.

I am just as confused as you are....I re-read through all the posts to see if I missed something....but I still just don't get it...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2007, 03:22:23 PM »

I am just as confused as you are....I re-read through all the posts to see if I missed something....but I still just don't get it...

Basically, some people think that indie games have to be something unique, while others think that they suck, while others still believe they are simply games made by a few people for the love of it. Who is right? Doesn't matter. It certainly doesn't require a holy crusade.

CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »

Look what Princec can do with just one post. This guy is godmode Kiss

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2007, 06:15:16 PM »

Useless post to that man Smiley

Troll.

Lazy.

If he's too lazy to post quotes to what he's referring to, I'm certainly not going to do his job for him.

Really, that is insulting.  Kinda like how I never got credit for suggesting SOULFU and Obake when they appeared on the front page.  And how nobody cared when I posted the topic of SOULFU going free on the forums.

You guys are a couple of ninnies.  For one thing, I put up SOULFU before you mentioned it on the forums.  For another, I often hear about games from multiple sources and I don't list them all.  Lastly, if it was a big deal to you to get credit, you could have PM'ed me, e-mailed me, or left a comment, and I would happily have listed you.

Now who's the elitist?  How about you shut your giant idiot mouth and get back to work on Aquaria, as that seems to be the only thing you're good at.  Oh wait.  You're not actually the one developing the game.  You just doodle a tiny bit for it every so often in your spare time while Alec does all the work, and you take all the credit.  And why does he take this crap from you?  Because you let him play moderator in your crappy little forum, even though he didn't actually do anything to deserve such a spot, though infinitely more deserving than you, Mr. Yu.

Hahahaha... trust me, Alec would NOT take that kind of crap from me.  Anyway, it's an interesting theory. Tongue

Nuts to you, Guert.  You don't care at all that Kon-tiki was banned, all you care about is making friendships with stupid people like Hoawan who just spam the word "wow" over and over and do nothing else.  I don't even think you're really interested in the indie scene at all.  You just pretend to do so so that you can try to feel better about your filthy, lonely self.  You say you try to help, but is this helping?  Tearing such a great community as this apart in one massive flaming mess?

Nothing's being torn apart.  We just have a couple of over-sensitive, elitist [I'm going to stop using that word and try to remove it from the dictionary, as well] pricks that are calling people names and being generally unpleasant.

Now then that's my post, and I don't care if you dislike it.  Knowing Derek, I'll probably get banned from posting ever again...

Yes, that's the one thing you got right.

Well, nobody except Kon-tiki.  Man, I'm really starting to miss him.

Well, you can go join him now.  He's on the front page, arguing with people about what the definition of a roguelike is. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:14:16 PM by Derek » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2007, 06:27:02 PM »

Aaaaaand, I'm going to lock this thread for a couple of weeks, I think. Wink

PM me if you have anything else to say.  I don't think the bans were unfair, but I'm willing to discuss them.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »

Damn, I'm sorry, I can't help myself... it's just too hilarious that Monothu misses Kon-Tiki.  They would hate each other if they spent a moment actually conversing. :D

Quote from: Kon-Tiki
Derek, I think you're missing the point here, as it's not only N vs. Akuji or such, but also crap like Staircase Dismount or such. The very core attitude here, seems to be that the less mainstream a game is, or the more hyped-up, the indie-er it is. It's shown amongst plenty of members.

Quote from: Monothu
Indie games are about being obscure and known by only the nerdiest of nerds.  I would even go as far to say that the more obscure games like Obake and Soldexus are more indie than the well known games like Cave Story and Noitu Love.

Kee-rist!  Okay, that's enough on this particular subject.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic