Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1027967 Posts in 41257 Topics- by 32876 Members - Latest Member: velcro

July 29, 2014, 06:58:26 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderators: Glaiel-Gamer, ThemsAllTook)Programming Language to start with
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Programming Language to start with  (Read 2074 times)
Polly
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »

But another consideration to start is the need to compile. With basic (old computer), you write the code then press run and see result immediately, with c like you must compile then find the exe, which mean learning to compile.

Especially when you're just starting out and are likely to make many mistakes, the time spend waiting for those mistakes to appear can add up significantly when you need to compile / build / run your project every time you make a change. You can't beat instant feedback ..

Unfortunately most mainstream / popular solutions don't have a very short feedback cycle.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:15:02 PM by Polly » Logged
SuperDisk
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »

You can't beat instant feedback ..

You can try out OpenGL thingies with Ken Silverman's EvalDraw.

It's quite instant!
kodmaster
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 10:48:51 PM »

Please, don't do like me and overlook logic, algorithms, linear algebra, simple physics... I tried and tried to learn how to program for a few months, and just don't seems to really works. It's easy to learn the syntax of a language, but for understand and "create" with the code you need to have the basic knowledge.

This is the opinion of a person in the same situation that have made more progress in the last 4 days than in the last months.

..or I am talking nonsense and need to getting trying haha

Sorry for the bad english, working on it Smiley
Paind33r
Level 0

,jfjhftjgdtfdvfsjvfcdfgfcghfdvhvf

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »

Python and Game Maker are both great to start with, but I wouldn't suggest construct if they tied me to a chair and lit it on fire. My Word!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic