Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:21:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSkullpogo iPhone - New Version! (1.1)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: Skullpogo iPhone - New Version! (1.1)  (Read 63298 times)
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »

Got the update - like the new mode! Also realized I could slide my thumb up and down the height changer instead of tapping which helped a lot Smiley.

Suggestion feedback:
A control adjustment to consider: being able to hold down on the screen (above the ground, for those using the touch-controls) and have the duration of your holding determine the height of your jump (let go to fall), Mario style. Just a thought.

The timer-combo means sometimes if you go really high up and aim for an enemy at the bottom, you'll run out of time before you can reach them. Have you played with making the combo per-bounce (touch the ground and it ends) or per-bounce + a guaranteed time (you have
XX ticks after hitting something that your combo will not end even if you touch the ground, for those using short bounces).

Kudos  Cool

destiny is truth pre-op
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2009, 02:11:33 PM »

Awesome! The tilt controls work really well.

One thing, not sure if it's been mentioned already,... but why not leave filtering off? (aka use nearest-neighbour interpolation or point-filtering) Filtered pixel art makes my heart weep.

archagon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »

One of the best games in the App Store right now. You really get the platform. Thank you!
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

I don't know if I'm the only one getting this bug, but it's a pretty big one: the powerups for the new mode are the ones that show up in the old modes.  Shocked
ChevyRay
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »

My reply from the TouchArcade forums:

Holy crap, a bit of a slip on our part. Shocked

A bit of undesired code leaked into the release, somehow went unnoticed when we were testing. We're hastily putting through the fix and maybe Apple will have a heart and rush it for us a bit (haha).

How embarrassing. Sorry guys! At least the new gameplay mode works for now, so enjoy that while we slap our foreheads and send the new one your way.

Lotsa luv,

Chevy
scoz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2009, 03:29:56 PM »

I don't know if I'm the only one getting this bug, but it's a pretty big one: the powerups for the new mode are the ones that show up in the old modes.  Shocked
Heh. Came on with the express purpose of posting about this... I thought it was intentional. Though I must admit, Halloween with only the question marks is pretty fast and frantic, I think there's potential there :D

Anyway, I don't think I have much more to say. Skullpogo was one of my favourite GM games and is now one of my favourite iPhone games. The only flaw I can find is that I miss the old Skullboy with the monacle and top hat My Word!
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »

I've been playing this more.. damn its fun. And I'm getting more used to adjusting my height with a sliding thumb  Wink. Is there a universal high score board? I dared to make an Open Feint to find out I had no friends and the leaderboard only had me on it Sad

destiny is truth pre-op
ChevyRay
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »

I thought the OpenFeint leaderboards were the universal ones... :/ Are you sure you're not looking at a personal leaderboard or anything?
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »

Doh. I misread it wrong. Got it! Thanks Smiley
Btw how does the scoring work, exactly? There seems to be some randomness involved. And what causes the different words to pop up - is it based on how you've been comboing/accuracy or is it more random?
second edit: this is more fun than rolando (which sold hugely)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:14:10 PM by X3N » Logged

destiny is truth pre-op
ChevyRay
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

I've been told it is more fun than Doodle Jump too, which also sold hugely Cheesy oh well, heheh.

The scoring has many factors. The main things are: hit enemies before your combo meter (top-left) runs out, every time you hit, it refills, and every hit adds on to your current combo chain. Your combo's score is multiplied by the amount of hits in that combo. Other than that, how fast and hard you hit an enemy also slightly alters the amount of points that enemy will give you. And when you get one of those powerups that paste a series of enemies on the screen, hit the enemies in that order, and you'll get an even better score for that combo Wink

So yeah, lots of ways.

Anyways, glad you got the leaderboards working. Cheers!
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »

So falling faster = more points? interesting. For the perfectionists, you could add a "closer to the center of the sprite = more points" modifier. Really fun game you guys have made, looking forward to the update  Smiley. btw the big cow is hilarious looking.

destiny is truth pre-op
ChevyRay
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2009, 11:14:48 PM »

...you could add a "closer to the center of the sprite = more points" modifier.

Tried this in testing. Didn't work out as well as it sounds, so we took it out.

btw the big cow is hilarious looking.

Haha, I laughed good when Justin first suggested the inflating cow idea. It's so wonderful. Tears of Joy
scoz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »

I've been told it is more fun than Doodle Jump too, which also sold hugely Cheesy oh well, heheh.
Have you done much PR/Advertising? I only stumbled across this on TIGSource a while back; I don't see many of your "average" consumers finding it that way Tongue
Botulino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2009, 09:01:55 AM »

I've got no iPhone so I'm still toying around with the PC version and it's still as awesome as ever. Should you make a commercial pc version I'll be the first to buy it! Gentleman Hand Money Right
ChevyRay
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »

Haha it'd be pretty hard to sell a PC version with the free one kickin' around. I'd rather sooner or later have a Flash version of the new game available for free instead, though Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:44:07 AM by ChevyRay » Logged
monoRAIL
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2009, 01:21:16 AM »

One thing, not sure if it's been mentioned already,... but why not leave filtering off? (aka use nearest-neighbour interpolation or point-filtering) Filtered pixel art makes my heart weep.

Seconded - turn off the filtering!

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »

Hey Chevy, guess what I just got?
iTouch
Guess what I'm about to buy?
Skullpogo
I'm so excited.

EDIT:  FUUUUUU-- this is so much fun.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »

Numba 21 in Farm, woo  Cool.
Damn those increase-time ones are hard to hit when there's so many on the screen! Great game.

destiny is truth pre-op
ChevyRay
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »

Just got a cool picture from Luc ADR, so I thought I'd post it here:

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »

Bought and loved it, thanks Chevy, great game Smiley really great. *HUGS IPOD*

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print