Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:14:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSkullpogo iPhone - New Version! (1.1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Skullpogo iPhone - New Version! (1.1)  (Read 63323 times)
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 07:00:47 AM »

i second that with the instrcutions

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
ChevyRay
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 07:03:30 AM »

And then there's this monster face thing which seems to prescribe a certain combo via the flashing icons at the bottom of the screen, but even if I complete this combo there doesn't seem to be any obvious reward.
Really? Have you ever chained that into a combo before? If you hit an ordered list of 5 or 6 enemies, and then chain that into a combo, it yields VERY obvious results. My best in-game combo so far is...

25517 points for 17 hits. That's when I got the 90958 score (that I accidentally erased :D)

And that was pretty much solely due to using the kill-list powerup. And did you take a good look at the screen when you got the shining white halo? I don't know if you're aware of the white meter at the top-left, but it blinks and doesn't move when you're shining white. I thought that was rather sufficient.

They're not meant to be easy to figure out, though. They're meant to make to stop and think about what's going on amidst all the chaos and movement.

Not necessarily on the pause screen, the main menu (or a new options menu) would do. Currently you can change it only at startup, and even there sound and music are coupled. Sometimes I want to have my own music playing in the background but still enjoy the game's sound effects.
Ah. Added to my list of things to do for version 1.2, then. Good thought. It never occurred to me to separate them, but the way I've handled the sound effects it will be an easy enough fix.
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 07:06:09 AM »

Pretty dang fun! Just about made it to 60000 T_T
I made it to level 4 or so, but I don't think any level-up orbs appeared. Do they stop appearing after a while?

I don't think there's any real problem with how the powerups appear, but I think you could color-code them for positive or negative effects. Have helpful ones on a blue coin and negative ones on a red coin, or something like that. While seeing the picture on them isn't always a problem, it might be nice to have a slightly more obvious cue when you're in the heat of bouncing around.

ChevyRay
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 07:11:57 AM »

I don't think there's any real problem with how the powerups appear, but I think you could color-code them for positive or negative effects. Have helpful ones on a blue coin and negative ones on a red coin, or something like that. While seeing the picture on them isn't always a problem, it might be nice to have a slightly more obvious cue when you're in the heat of bouncing around.
Every powerup has both a positive and a negative effect. That's the thing. Wink

Oh. Wait. Except rain. Rain doesn't. Rain is the only "power down".

UPDATE. New version should refresh the highscore lists properly in-game. So as soon as you submit a score, it should show up on your list if you made the ranks. So download it again and copy your SCORES file over!
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 07:20:43 AM »

Every powerup has both a positive and a negative effect. That's the thing. Wink

Ahh, that makes sense.
I do think that the pictures themselves should 'pop' a bit more. Some of them, like the skull or whatev it is, blend in with the grey background sufficiently enough that you have to focus on them to see what they are. So I'd recommend either using a colored coin for everything, or just making sure that all the pictures contrast well with the grey bg.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 07:40:22 AM »

Did you extract the files?

And yes :D I did mean MB.

Yes, yes I did extract them :I
ChevyRay
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 08:12:18 AM »

Sad

I wonder if it has something to do with the surfaces. If you want, I'll send you a version without surface drawing? Not as cool special effects, but at least it might not look like crap.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »

60000  Cool

EDIT: UH OH! Got this while leveling up:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object objEnd:

Error in code at line 2:
   if place=-1{

at position 11: Cannot compare arguments.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:55:21 AM by Cheater » Logged
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

Sad

I wonder if it has something to do with the surfaces. If you want, I'll send you a version without surface drawing? Not as cool special effects, but at least it might not look like crap.

Yeah I dont know.  I mean its sort of playable but it looks like transparency just isn't working.
mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »

No luck in Wine, either.  Just a small white window followed by a larger black window with a pig window icon.  Sad

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »

This game rules!  But I got the same error as Cheater when my game ended. Cry
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »

this error occured 2 times here too...

anyways 2nd with 93.835....its close chevy...  Wink Gentleman

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 03:03:06 PM »

Dammit you pulled past me just as I improved my score by a ridiculously tiny amount Angry

Looking forward to see who'll be the first to bust the 100,000 points boundary...
ChevyRay
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

0_o

I totally thought I fixed that error! ARHG, I'll have a new version uploaded in a bit here, guys Sad sorry about that!
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

I'd like to take the time and say that you are awesome, Chevy.

And this game is just...wow.  Amazingness.

No errors for me yet.  Smiley

ChevyRay
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »

UPLOADED A NEW VERSION.

This time, it should give no errors.
Sorry about that, you guys. Copy "SCORES.dat" over to the new game folder.

You can download the lastest from the same rar/zip URL in the first post.
ChevyRay
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »

New score for me. Nailed 98k. Not QUITE in the 100s yet Grin

UPDATE

Sorry about so many updates guys. But the latest isn't necessary. If you download it now, you'll be able to press UP and DOWN while viewing the online scores in game to view to the top 100 entries instead of just the top 10.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 06:56:23 PM »

This may just be me nitpicking, but I think combos should continue after the clock.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2008, 07:12:51 PM »

<3 chevy this game is brilliant great work!!
ChevyRay
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2008, 07:17:23 PM »

This may just be me nitpicking, but I think combos should continue after the clock.
Combos do continue after the clock. If your time runs out, the game won't actually end until your current combo is completed.

<3 chevy this game is brilliant great work!!
Thanks Annabelle Smiley

I just added numbers to the online score list so you can actually see what position you're at.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic