Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:52:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting2x0ng: procedural puzzle combat roguelike, sequel to Xong
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: 2x0ng: procedural puzzle combat roguelike, sequel to Xong  (Read 10502 times)
dto1138
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »

Hey , yep here I am!

Now that is interesting, didn't knew you're on TIGs, too! And if you wonder: yes, I'm the dude who made the Let's Play and gave you feedback via mail Wink

I didn't have the time/endurance to advance beyond level 14 but I'm working it. I expect amazing things in the final level!
dto1138
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2013, 08:32:59 PM »

All graphics/sounds are now preloaded, this removes the frame rate jitter that occurred when loading .png from disk during drawing. Several bugfixes too, see the page for downloads and notes:

http://blocky.io/2x0ng.html
Kekskiller
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »

I finally beat it. Great boss enemy, I would've loved to have more of those unique level areas with special boss tactics. Though I found level 17 ultra cheap as it was essentially level 1 with one beatable boss enemies and then just immortal waver thingies. Though it sort of set the mood I guess.

Really cool game - the last patch makes it totally possible to properly play it on Windows 7, too. It really has the awesome essence of legacy videogames where you feel deeply satisfied after you finished it. Though it's not tooo hard if you train a bit.

Oh and here have some ball-stealing nemesis asassin:

BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink
BlinkBlinkBlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink
BlinkBlinkBlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink
BlinkBlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaBlinkBlink
BlinkBlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaBlinkBlink
BlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaBlink
BlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaBlink
BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaBlinkBlinkBlink
BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkNinjaNinjaNinjaBlinkBlinkBlink
BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink

edit: Last LP part is coming to prove my victory.
dto1138
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »

So awesome that you beat it! I was trying to make a full playthrough video yesterday, but died on level 15. Yeah level 17 sucks, i'll probably spice it up a bit or even just remove level 17. Maybe the boss should be on 16. Because it's a power of 2!

Kekskiller thanks so much for your enthusiasm and feedback Smiley I'm so glad you enjoyed your victory. Did everything go ok with the final story screen?

Already working on my next game, and for research I've been playing some difficult games lately on the 2600. Including "Gravitar" which is very difficult and engrossing. I like making difficult games, and playing them.

Here's a sneak peek: http://blocky.io/skyw0r5.ogv
dto1138
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »

Kekskiller, what are you saying about System Shock 2 during the final boss fight?
dto1138
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2013, 07:06:35 PM »

2x0ng design video with commentary. http://blocky.io/2x0ng-commentary.webm
Kekskiller
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

The final story screen seemed to work (should there be anything else beside a scrolling picture?). And yes, 16 would be nice as it makes the game a bit more less lengthy to play through. Though for "3x0ng" it should be 27 Wink

I've never played System Shock 2. I picked it up on Steam but I have yet to play it. Looking forward to next game!

edit: There you go:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:56:14 AM by Kekskiller » Logged
dto1138
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2013, 05:43:05 PM »

Yep, the scrolling story picture is all you get.
Maybe the next version will have something spicier.
At the very least, i will have to update it to say "You completed all 16 levels..."
Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic