Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:23:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting2x0ng: procedural puzzle combat roguelike, sequel to Xong
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: 2x0ng: procedural puzzle combat roguelike, sequel to Xong  (Read 10504 times)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2013, 12:03:28 AM »

2x0ng faux cartridge box art:

I might get this (the faux cartridge image) printed on a T-shirt.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:32:25 AM by ithamore » Logged

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
dto1138
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »

Hey, do it Smiley. Although, I have a plan to do some work with acrylics on a real canvas to more closely match the watercolor-ish style of Intellivision box art. That might look nicer---I really just made this because I had to have a proper box art to do my Desura submission (still waiting to hear back---I'd imagine it'll be a while due to everyone being busy.)

Right now I'm just focusing on some beta testing----speaking of which, did you get a chance to play the game? Hit me up if you have any questions/bug reports/feedback.
--david

I might get this (the faux cartridge image) printed on a T-shirt.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »

Sorry, about bug reporting this way, but I'm using WinXP 64-bit and thought you might enjoy how I played with the debugger. I'll try one of my other XP computers later, since they're 32-bit.

Best of luck with Dasura.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
dto1138
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »

Hi! thanks for the bug report. I'm sorry about the crash, this is an issue with the underlying runtime. I knew that it affected unpatched 64-bit Win7 (i.e. no service packs) but wasn't aware it affected any other versions of Windows. Do you have any service packs installed in your XP64?

Regardless, I'll be communicating with the SBCL team about a fix, since it affects their stuff too.
Thank you for the screenshot too, that will def help.
dto1138
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 11:59:28 AM »

Looks like Nick Reineke has done a hands-on video review over at Indie Impressions: http://indie-impressions.com/?p=1893

Sorry, about bug reporting this way, but I'm using WinXP 64-bit and thought you might enjoy how I played with the debugger. I'll try one of my other XP computers later, since they're 32-bit.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 11:52:30 PM »

That video was great. I've already been thinking of some rough drafts for front-paging, but part of me just wants to post that video.

My favorite draft so far:

This is Xong. This is 2x0ng. Any questions?

Looks like Nick Reineke has done a hands-on video review over at Indie Impressions: http://indie-impressions.com/?p=1893

I haven't updated my OS in a while, so I'll do that and let you know.

dto1138
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 01:50:12 AM »

Yes, Nick gave some really great feedback and I'll certainly implement several of his suggestions right away (smaller player hitbox, wall slideyness.) Please also let me know if you have any suggestions of your own. Once again dreadfully sorry about the compatibility issue---I'll hope to have that sorted out soon.

BTW, if you need extra screenshots and/or info, there are full-size shots and a few other things on my "media" page here: http://blocky.io/2x0ng-media.html

That video was great. I've already been thinking of some rough drafts for front-paging, but part of me just wants to post that video.

dto1138
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »

Just realized, the Any Questions campaign with the frying egg, I think that's very decade-appropriate for this 80s-ish computer game Smiley
dto1138
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »

I found a 2nd nice video review!

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »

Final draft 1 is complete and posted.

If you want me to edit the quote or add a direct link to the Indie Db page for 2x0ng, just let me know.

dto1138
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »

Hi, looks great, just one minor question---it looks like you posted the 2nd video (Ridler Gaming) and not the 1st video you commented on (Nick Reineke's Indie Impressions.)

They're both great vids, I just thought I would ask whether you meant to link the Impressions one you commented on.

Thanks ithamore Smiley I'm glad you are liking the vibe. I really appreciate the exposure.
dto1138
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »

Were there any further issues in getting the game to run on 32-bit? 
dto1138
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »

Hmm. Actually an indiedb link might be good as an alternate download location, (just in case my site exceeds bandwidth. I'm currently on a cheap plan).

Final draft 1 is complete and posted.

If you want me to edit the quote or add a direct link to the Indie Db page for 2x0ng, just let me know.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »

I've been thinking of adding the first video to the expanded. I like to have an internationally conscious approach to my writing, since I'm a writer.

The man in the second video sounded a little more mature. And since April 1st was coming up, I didn't want anyone making jokes of the narrator of the 1st video.

I'm late for my hospital appointment and will share more later.

Hi, looks great, just one minor question---it looks like you posted the 2nd video (Ridler Gaming) and not the 1st video you commented on (Nick Reineke's Indie Impressions.)

They're both great vids, I just thought I would ask whether you meant to link the Impressions one you commented on.

Thanks ithamore Smiley I'm glad you are liking the vibe. I really appreciate the exposure.

dto1138
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »

Ok, keep me posted.

I've been thinking of adding the first video to the expanded. I like to have an internationally conscious approach to my writing, since I'm a writer.
dto1138
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »

2x0ng has been released for Mac OSX: http://blocky.io/2x0ng-1.0rc1.dmg  this is the first Mac build so there may be bugs. Please use with caution.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »

Please use with caution.
That's not concerning. Tongue

Anyways, I'll try it out soon. I wanted to try this but my PC is out of commission, haha.

dto1138
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »

It's just a standard disclaimer---apparently the game works fine for a couple mac peeps who graciously tested it for me before posting. Please let me know if you experience any issues such as texture glitches or crashing.

Please use with caution.
That's not concerning. Tongue

Anyways, I'll try it out soon. I wanted to try this but my PC is out of commission, haha.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »

Seems to work fine despite the fact that I suck at it.

dto1138
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »

I just thought of something. Do all macs have F12 key? that's used for Pause :/

Also, do you notice any glitches when going fullscreen? That's been a slight sticking point for ports, but it shouldn't be hard to fix if that happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic