Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:54:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting2x0ng: procedural puzzle combat roguelike, sequel to Xong
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: 2x0ng: procedural puzzle combat roguelike, sequel to Xong  (Read 10512 times)
dto1138
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »

Thanks for checking out the game, Bro Smiley

Seems to work fine despite the fact that I suck at it.
FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »

Oddly addicting...  Playing on a mac, only thing I noticed was a black and white box would appear for a short time (1 second?) and then go away. Seemed to move with the player, and be in about the same spot most of the time, off to the upper right of the player. Seemed like a glitch rather then something in the game. You said you where having issues on mac, not sure if that's one of them.

Love the game, although I really didn't think I would. I've played several times now, and got to level 7. While I understand the design, I typically don't like games that make me start over at the beginning, as now the first 3 - 4 levels are easy for me, so it feels like a waste of time. Perhaps if there where a mode where it started you one level down from where you died?  Currently I kinda want to play more, but it's late and although I want to explore the new bad guys I saw on level 7 more, I don;t want to play through the first 6 levels to get there. Actually 5 and 6 are still fresh enough, I'd play them more, but the thought of playing 1 - 4 just to get back up there... well... I think I'll go to bed.

On second thought, don't change that, I might get more sleep this way Smiley  Smiley
dto1138
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »

Hi! The black and white box points the way to the exit. (Check out the F1 help. I've recently been told F1 is not a typical mac help key so maybe that's an issue. Might change it to Control H.)

I'm glad you enjoy the game. I've received a lot of feedback and comments, and will be making a few more adjustments to the game before the final release. That could include a very limited retry system something like what you describe.

Thanks!
dto1138
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »

Hi, I have an updated build of 2x0ng that APPEARS to have fixed the crash issues that made the game unplayable on some versions of 64-bit Windows. I built it with a different compiler and it thus far has gotten working on 64-bit Windows 8.

http://blocky.io/2x0ng-win32-1.0rc1c.zip

Whether or not you have 64-bit Windows, please give this download a shot and let me know if you experience any issues. If you DO have 64-bit, please let me know your version and whether or not the game worked.

This is/was the largest bug, it's all smooth sailing from here.
dto1138
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »

Hi all! I've released a near-final version (promise!) of 2x0ng, now with bugfixes, more Mac-friendly key bindings, a slightly smaller player hitbox (for more forgiveness in close quarters) and the Piece du Resistance: a Red/Green colorblindness compatibility mode! (See the help screen for instructions.)

Downloads for 2x0ng 1.0 RC4 can be found at http://blocky.io/2x0ng.html
dto1138
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2013, 08:11:48 AM »

Release 1.0 is out, with a Windows framerate fix and an updated Mac version.

This is the finished game. Enjoy! http://blocky.io/2x0ng.html

And a big gameplay video: http://blocky.io/2x0ng-gameplay-long.ogv
dto1138
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2013, 02:42:07 AM »

These are in German, 25+ minutes each.

Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »

So, I just discovered this game today while scouring the forums, and I have to say, the graphics, while reminiscent to those featured in games on the Commodore 64, isn't what appealed to me. It was more so the dynamics of the square your character is endowed with. To me, that's what makes this game stand out so much. Just as a game like Minecraft has its blocks, 2x0ng has its square. I managed to perform some neat ricochet tricks while playing through 2x0ng today. Also, I noticed that all the sprites are openly visible in the .ZIP file, which could mean custom textures? Anyway, I love this game, and I'll definitely be following its development. I'm uploading a video tonight of my play-through. Keep up the great work.
dto1138
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »

Thanks so much for your comments! Smiley I'm glad you enjoy my little game.
Perhaps a future version will have more squareball practice: http://blocky.io/2x0ng-towns.webm

Yes, you can change the .PNG and .WAV and .OGG files to remix them, and share the remixes under Creative Commons licensing. (See the homepage for details.)

Keep me posted about your vid!

So, I just discovered this game today while scouring the forums, and I have to say, the graphics, while reminiscent to those featured in games on the Commodore 64, isn't what appealed to me. It was more so the dynamics of the square your character is endowed with. To me, that's what makes this game stand out so much. Just as a game like Minecraft has its blocks, 2x0ng has its square. I managed to perform some neat ricochet tricks while playing through 2x0ng today. Also, I noticed that all the sprites are openly visible in the .ZIP file, which could mean custom textures? Anyway, I love this game, and I'll definitely be following its development. I'm uploading a video tonight of my play-through. Keep up the great work.
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »

Thanks so much for your comments! Smiley I'm glad you enjoy my little game.
Perhaps a future version will have more squareball practice: http://blocky.io/2x0ng-towns.ogv

Yes, you can change the .PNG and .WAV and .OGG files to remix them, and share the remixes under Creative Commons licensing. (See the homepage for details.)

Keep me posted about your vid!

Will do! It's nothing big, though, just a quick test. That frame-rate fix did wonders for the game! I'll probably make an actual let's play soon. I'm working on a Texture Pack and remixing some .OGGs right now. :D
dto1138
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »

Note: changing the puzzle colors/settings is not currently supported--only the textures. But I can add this easily for 1.2
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »

Note: changing the puzzle colors/settings is not currently supported--only the textures. But I can add this easily for 1.2

Yeah, that'd be an awesome addition. Also, my short video is up. :D

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:58 PM »

Unfortunately 1.1 still not working for me, I see a command prompt window appear for a fraction of a second and then disappear .. tried compatibility mode, too Sad
dto1138
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2013, 03:04:32 AM »

Hi Udderdude Smiley can you remind me of your OS and version?
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2013, 05:39:23 AM »

Windows Vista 64-bit.
dto1138
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2013, 09:08:36 AM »

Windows Vista 64-bit.

And neither download works at all?

http://blocky.io/2x0ng-windows-1.2.zip

http://blocky.io/2x0ng-wine-1.2.zip
dto1138
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »

Btw, I've just put out 2x0ng version 1.2 which includes more changes/speedups: http://blocky.io/2x0ng.html

That frame-rate fix did wonders for the game! I'll probably make an actual let's play soon. I'm working on a Texture Pack and remixing some .OGGs right now. :D
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

2x0ng Windows 1.2 : Does the same thing as 1.1 did, console window appears then disappears.

2x0ng Wine 1.2 : Gets as far as the first level, then crashes shortly after I move around a bit.
dto1138
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »

Can you try running the Windows 1.2 exe from inside a command shell? i.e. CMD.EXE or whatever you might have. That should allow you to see the leftover messages (hopefully something informative)
Kekskiller
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »

These are in German, 25+ minutes each.

Now that is interesting, didn't knew you're on TIGs, too! And if you wonder: yes, I'm the dude who made the Let's Play and gave you feedback via mail Wink

I didn't have the time/endurance to advance beyond level 14 but I'm working it. I expect amazing things in the final level!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic