Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:04:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLet's Dissect Some MOBAs (LOL, DOTA2, SMITE, etc)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Let's Dissect Some MOBAs (LOL, DOTA2, SMITE, etc)  (Read 11883 times)
nekokoneko
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »

The first game was pretty shoddy and felt like someone went down a checklist of game mechanics and the visuals were a noisy uninspired clusterfuck. I don't have any expectations for their follow up, but it doesnt surprise me theyre jumping on the bandwagon.
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »

I didn't play much of the original, but most of it seemed to boil down to putting towers in obvious strategic chokepoints, mindlessly spamming left click until your mouse broke, and getting more loot than you could ever possibly give a crap about.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
deathtotheweird
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »

maybe that strategy works if you play on the scrub nooblord easy difficulty level, but ramp it up and that's when the real fun starts.

and it's obvious you didn't play much, as there are many enemies who could give a fuck less about choke-points. there are flying enemies, and enemies specifically designed to destroy your buildings at choke-points. that's when proper building placement and proper usage of skills comes into play.

it's a really fun game once you get past the first few easy levels, turn the difficulty up, and coordinate with friends. definitely the best coop tower defense game I've played.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »

TotalBiscuit uploaded a Dungeon Defenders 2 pvp (the moba) part of the game.

looks trash. that camera angle is offensive.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic