Ready to save that princess again? No you’re not. You’re going to die. Over and over again. Please don’t blame us, blame your friends!
A 2d multiplayer platformer with user created content:
Hi guys! We are Triangle Studios, from the Netherlands!
Triangle Studios started in 2006 and has since developed many titles for Nintendo DS, Wii, Ipad, iphone and pc. Last January we decided to go on a little adventure to the world of indie games. We launched a new project that we like to call Protocanon. Protocannon means that, every other month, we set aside everything we're doing and, like a proton cannon, focus all our energy into building a working prototype. The name of the first prototype that came bursting out of the barrel is Tower Master, which this topic is all about.
So the goal was to build a working prototype for a game that is fun to play. As it turned out, it works just fine and we love playing it! We see a lot of potential in the core aspects of the gameplay: you build your own boobytrapped tower in which you and your friends try to be the first to save the princess. And so we decided to continue the project. This is where you guys come in: one of the most important aspects of the development process is feedback from players. We won't waste more words about the matter: just head here to experience it yourself: www.protocannon.com
the prototype for free, round up some friends and let us know what you think! Also, we use crowdfunding for development, so if you like the game back us by donating!
- Continue development from prototype to finished game. Donations are vital.
- Have a game that is easily accessible: being able to quickly join a game in your break or on a lan party. With easy controls and a small learning curve. The difficulty depends solely on the difficulty of the towers people create (which can be gruesomely difficult). An ideal game to enjoy with a beer and some friends!
- Create a community that creates and shares it's content.
What is Tower Master?
Tower Master is a 2d multiplayer platformer with user created content. It's currently for PC and Mac. The game has an intuitive drag-and-drop level editor(a 5-year old could work with it) that allows you to build your own medieval towers. First you place a starting point, where all players will start simultaneously. Secondly, a finish where the a gorgeous princess will be waiting for her handsome knight. And in between? In between you build an obstacle course/maze, as difficult as you want. There are various boobytraps to use, like: falling rocks, swinging axes, trap doors, etc.
What do we have?
- online multiplayer working.
- multiplayer lobby (host and join)
- very easy level editor
- specating after you finished or died
What do we want?
- A princess (It's just a finish line now)
- All the bugs gone
- A lot of gameplay tweaks
- rankings(speed records, best towers, points, etc)
- Browser for towers
- Online community
- character customization, new traps, etc