Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:27:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDr. Flammenwerfer - Released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dr. Flammenwerfer - Released!  (Read 2075 times)
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »

Dr. Flammenwerfer

Description
Suffering from some burn out working on our main project, my co-conspirator and I are going to whip up a quick project to resuscitate our creative mojo.

Setup:  A young scientist competes in his very first science fair.  Unfortunately, his experiment backfires and explodes, leaving him covered in soot.  The crowd explodes in uproarious laughter and relentless pointing.  Scorned, the young scientist begins plotting his revenge and toils away the years constructing a giant airship complete with death ray.

Gameplay:  You control the (now evil) scientist in the aforementioned airship, shooting civilians, security officials and eventually army personnel.  Collect research tokens from their charred corpses to upgrade your ship while you make your way to the science fair to have your revenge.

Deadline:  We plan to have this game fully complete and polished by March 10th.  Fingers crossed!

Team

Game Design and Programming
A. Scott McCallum (www.grozzler.com)

Art
Kandi Maciejewski (www.artbykandles.com)

Audio
John Hughes (www.twune.com)

Media

Prototype gameplay:

Concept image of the scientist in his turret:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:58:35 AM by GroZZleR » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:53:51 AM »

Well, four days left. Seems rather simple, but I hope you guys get this done. I quite like the scientist. Maybe fix his mouth though. I can't tell if those are his teeth or his moustache.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »

Some progress on the art:

Victims on the street (civilian, security, army and a tank) are currently being animated.  We're hoping they can be finished tonight and implemented tomorrow.  Coding wise, I only have the upgrade shop and various other menus to finish.  It's basically a race against time for the art at this point if we're going to hit our goal by finished on Sunday.

Well, four days left. Seems rather simple, but I hope you guys get this done. I quite like the scientist. Maybe fix his mouth though. I can't tell if those are his teeth or his moustache.

Hopefully the smile is a bit cleaner now.  Thanks for the support.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:20:54 PM by GroZZleR » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »

Oh yes. Far better now.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »

Here's some folks gettin' nice and crispy:

Really happy with how the electrocution animation shaped up.  Need to add in the security guard and soldier now so things can start fighting back.  Monday or Tuesday is looking more reasonable at this point.

Oh yes. Far better now.

Good to hear.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:27:33 PM by GroZZleR » Logged

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »

A combination of "real life" distractions and feature creep has knocked us off our timeline by a week but we're wrapping it up now.  We also picked a name for the game.

Here's the intro comic where you can see why the doctor turned evil:

And here he is scheming away in his laboratory researching upgrades to his ship:

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »

Dr. Flammenwerfer

Catchy title!

What exactly did he get his degree in? ;-)
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

Catchy title!

What exactly did he get his degree in? ;-)

Thanks!

He's actually a veterinarian that does particle physics and engineering on the side. Gentleman

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »

Thanks!

He's actually a veterinarian that does particle physics and engineering on the side. Gentleman

Makes sense.
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »

It took forever to find a sponsor and release, but it's finally out!  Play it for free on Kongregate or Newgrounds, and if you have an account, it would be great if you could rate it to help it out of judgment.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/GroZZleR/dr-flammenwerfer

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/623897/

Let me know what you think!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic