Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:50:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTorment: Tides of Numenera
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Torment: Tides of Numenera  (Read 3798 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 07:46:34 PM »

green corridor = brown corridor
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »

I would back, but my bank acount is usually a mess in regards with amazon. Sad

Does anyone know if they accept paypal?

feminazi
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »

the paypal button is on https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/pledge
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 04:10:39 AM »

i told myself i was done with kickfarter but i had to donate to this one cuz im an idiot

Exact. Same. Thing.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 05:16:09 AM »

That being said, it's the basics of the story that totally convinced me that it might be a game I really really want to play.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 06:45:37 AM »

The game will be distributed DRM-free. (You’ll be able to get it from Steam, and other DRM-free download options will be made available.)
I always find it funny when people gloss over that Steam is actually always-on DRM.  It just comes bundled with a fancy store and handy-dandy chat/multiplayer lobby.

But that said OH MAH GAWDDD PLANESCAPE REMAKE.  Tears of Joy
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 06:55:52 AM »

The game will be distributed DRM-free. (You’ll be able to get it from Steam, and other DRM-free download options will be made available.)
I always find it funny when people gloss over that Steam is actually always-on DRM.  It just comes bundled with a fancy store and handy-dandy chat/multiplayer lobby.

But that said OH MAH GAWDDD PLANESCAPE REMAKE.  Tears of Joy
Get it on steam
Download elsewhere

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »

or you could just get it on GOG which is actually drm free

(the game hasn't been confirmed for GOG but i'm p much 90% sure it'll be on there)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »

you can have drm free games on steam. you guys are being dum. install super meat boy, copy the super meat boy files to another computer, run super meat boy -> no drm!!11 most games have the steam bootloader as the exe, but that's not necessarily true for every game (who knows which'll be the case with these guys)

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
deathtotheweird
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 10:36:52 AM »

About half of the games I have installed (I don't have many installed though) can be played without running Steam.

and even though Steam has to to be running for most other games, you don't actually have to be online. it has a fully functional offline mode (it was buggy in the past, but has never failed me in the last few years). Which is a big step up from SecuROM and Ubisoft/Blizzard/EA's online-only type of DRM.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »

The biggest issue with Steam's offline mode is that you have to be online in order to switch to it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »

no you don't lol
Dragonmaw
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »

Every time I've tried to switch Steam into Offline while I have no internet connection it's like "lel what r u doin"
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

Yes you do, and it stops working if you don't check in every x days.  I've looked.  Yawn

Think of it as Always-On: Lite, but I was pointing out that it exists and not whether it's a problem or not.

That's also wonderful that Steam-locking your game isn't mandatory just because it's on Steam.  Grin
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »

no you don't lol

Of course you do, see the faq.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »

no you don't lol

Of course you do, see the faq.
then why have i been doing it for years

im sorry but the faq is bullshit. when im not connected to the internet (which is often because laptop), i can start up steam and it'll show me a message saying "steam could not connect to the server blah blah blah". then there's 2 buttons: "retry" and "start in offline mode." clicking "start in offline mode" (SPOILER WARNING!!!) starts steam in offline mode and i can play all my gams. has worked every single time for me so far.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:16:48 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
feminazi
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »

dum i hate steam it takes like billion hours to startup
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »

yeah cas it's not like someone else could have issues with it when you don't

literally every time I've been without net I haven't been able to start steam in offline mode, sometimes even when I started it in offline mode before I left an area with net

but still, most indie games don't even require steam at all. you can literally copy them out of the steam directory.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

that's not what i said. i just said it's bs that you have to be online to go into offline mode.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »

that's not what i said. i just said it's bs that you have to be online to go into offline mode.

for me, it's been that way for some time. click the GO OFFLINE button and it throws a fit and fails to do it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic