Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:57:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMAZE (puzzles, death and exploration)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: MAZE (puzzles, death and exploration)  (Read 41554 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2013, 10:58:17 AM »

Lovely graphics, though the transition from grass to stone looks a bit abrupt and the tree is a different style. I hope you do other kinds of tilesets, even if only a mockup.

Has no one offered to help you with the programming yet?

Yes, I'm in no hurry to fix it because there is a higher-priority tasks at this stage. For example, now I make animations for enemies.

While no one. Before that, I worked with one programmer, he make a prototype, with whom I'm working on. But in March he got a new job and now can not devote time to game.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »

screenshots:

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »

New screenshots look great! Smiley
thekill473
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

My programming offers still open.  Wink
Great screenshots by the way, those weapon holders are looking sweet.
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »

My programming offers still open.  Wink

Thought you were writing about 5734L3R. Okay, I'll write you to PM.

Meanwhile in Hammerdale -  Elza on the way to Earth of Dreams

Tom Felshmoon
Level 0

Unicorn Rider

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »

This project is awesome. I saw it one time a half year ago, it was so simple in design, but now it's amazing Smiley

namragog
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:05 AM »

Oh my ffgg=dog
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »

This project is awesome. I saw it one time a half year ago, it was so simple in design, but now it's amazing Smiley

agreed =)

Oh my ffgg=dog

!yse'ima

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:52 AM »

little update of last pic:

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 08:52:07 AM »

i remember you calling it journey to something or other, and i helped test Tongue looks like this really took off since then!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »

Looking sweet. That's some freaking brilliant conceptualism there. Following for sure.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »

i remember you calling it journey to something or other, and i helped test Tongue looks like this really took off since then!

Hey!  Coffee

Looking sweet. That's some freaking brilliant conceptualism there. Following for sure.

^__^

Tom Felshmoon
Level 0

Unicorn Rider

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:38 PM »

Amazing. I love it.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »

MAZE is a puzzle-solving oriented adventure game with physics-based movement and a large non-linear world and hand-crafted dungeons.

The game is aimed at a leisurely gameplay, exploration of entangled mazes and solving different puzzles. So, dungeons contain secret locations, forks, crossroads, implying non-linear walkthrough.
Also action-scenes and enemies is allways are part of the puzzles and nothing more.

Reckless heroes - Witch, Dwarf, Knight and Thief - went into the maze for a treasures. Their main goal was a huge diamond, located in the elder temple in  the deepest dungeon of Doom the MAZE.

According to old legend behind this diamond lived an ancient evil, which is called the Wanderer. Having failed to pass last test of the MAZE heroes were punished by Wanderer and turned to stone.
Only thief was able avoid the curse of ancient evil...

This thief named Elza also known as Elza from Boobdale.
( Art by Hernanzh )

Player can unlock the three prisoned friends of Elza - as a playable characters. Gameplay is identical, except that unlocked characters have the unique abilities.

Many puzzles in dungeons are specific to that abilities of a characters. In this manner the MAZE can only be fully explored through play-throughs by
all characters.
Also, some areas of the MAZE are accessible only to one of the specific characters.

NOTE: Additional characters will be added in the second stage of development, i hope.

Each dungeon is very large. Dungeons are arranged one above the other. And then player goes down, the environment becomes darker.
On the lower rows player will need a torch to light the way and turn on lampadas.

In addition, each dungeon is divided into two rows, and includes a set of stairs, portals, lifts, various buildings, towers etc.
To get to some parts of the dungeon, player would first have to go down to the dungeon below, find the matching part of the place and rise again.

MAZE will feature a lot of variety of different puzzles, requiring using special items, artefacts, keys, map elements, enemies, traps and physics.

Savepoints in the game wiil be placed frequently, so player will not have to worry about getting sent back to the beginning of the dungeon again.

1. At the entrance of dungeon is always placed savepoint and also after every difficult part of the level.

2. First puzzle of this dungeon - two lifts and one portal. Player must get to the point 2A. Will it be possible or not depends of correctly selected the first lift for moving.

3. The buttons in the floor. If you press on it, triggered trap on current map, marked with the same symbol. In such a way player can kill a goblin 3A with a trap placed on the bridge 3B.
Or to block him on the roof of building 3C. In this case, not enough to be just a step on button, the player must fix it with box or other object - to make trap remained active. On current map it means that the hole on bridge remains open.

By blocking or destroying goblin (3A), we have cleared the way for Elza to the lever (4B) and to solving the puzzle 5.

4.  Viking (4A) is dangerous enemy. Even if Elza had a some weapon, a big problem is a Viking's shield that reflects all attacks, when he is approaching to get Elza with sword.

So better variant is press the lever (4B) that activates the laser cannon (4C) to destroy the Vikings from afar.

5. 5. Another type of button in the floor (5A). Just press once (no need to hold this button) to open the way (5B) to a key, that opens the door-trident (5C).

6. The player can jump off into the hole in to get to the lower row.

7. Staircase leading to the upper level.

These are the basic controls, with their default mapping on an SNES controller.

In addition to fully customizable keyboard only and mouse+keyboard controls, we will support a variety of controllers, including XBox 360 and PS3 controllers.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:26:23 AM by 08--n7.r6-79.84 » Logged

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »

oh, I forgot about this pic:

namragog
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »

WHOAAAA
tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »

Awesome! Kiss I'm keeping this for inspiration!

thekill473
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 02:43:06 AM »

Looks great!, Keep up the good work man.
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »

Thanx guys! ^__^

Little Nando
Level 1

Working on Tough Coded Project

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »

Looks very cool mate! Makes me remember of Eternal Daughter´s Art by mr. Derek Yu Smiley

Little Nando / Twitter / Blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic