Ok, trying this.. let's see what happens.
I'm going to make a game for the 7DRL compo this coming week (3/9-3/17). I will probably not be working on in the entire week because of sleep, eating, exercise, an MRI scan, and probably some final touches on Daedalus Cube.
have some art help on this,
although this is not entirely yet confirmed. I guess as a fallback I'll either find or make up some placeholder pixel art.
Not sure what I'll do with this after the week is done. I'll try to do the whole thing within the week. We'll see what happens.
Here's what I do know about it right now (all very conceptual at this point):
- it is a roguelike game. in the strict sense of the word, according to wikipedia
- randomly generated levels
- bubbly potions
- takes place in some kind of dungeon with monsters and stuff
- dynamic lighting / visibility, presumably using some kind of raycast algorithm
- it is a side-scrolling platformer.
- D-pad moves around a character that you control - left, right, maybe look up and crouch too.
- there's a jump button
- there's a button to attack things
- there might be another button to use an item that you have
- real-time movement
- there's stuff to collect - piles of gold, treasure, trinkets, etc
that's all i can think of for now. i'll post more as i get into actually making it.