Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1037515 Posts in 41909 Topics- by 33522 Members - Latest Member: galatea

August 30, 2014, 04:25:28 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingLife Goes On - A game of life, death and puzzles
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Life Goes On - A game of life, death and puzzles  (Read 3706 times)
TestTrek
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »

good game. Reminds me of Karoshi Suicide Salaryman.

I really like how you could push the corpses around. It gets kind of laggy once about 10 knights are on the screen. Maybe add a button to clear all the knights? I got stuck between a knight clone and platform and couldn't get out.

For music, I think an ambient track would suit this game.
erik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »

It gets kind of laggy once about 10 knights are on the screen.

Thanks for the feedback.  We are trying to get an idea of system requirements.  Can you tell me what sort of CPU you have?  And were you using the web player version, or a download?

Life Goes On - Use your dead bodies to solve puzzles and make progress.

Feedback Thread
ohaiguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

Hey! So, I played through your whole game and I like it a lot. As a suggestion, I do think the on/off switches could be a tad brighter; they tend to blend in a bit. As a level suggestion, perhaps some more difficult platforming segments could add a bit of spice to the game? You do have the ledge grabbing mechanic but, out of the times I've played, I've hardly had to use it.

I'd also like to mention that I'm a Video Game Composer and, since I do like your game very much, I'd be willing to make a demo track for you guys to see if you like my style for your game. Just say the word. Gentleman

SterlingDee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »

I really enjoyed it. Loved the humour, especially the end credits.

I do like this type of game, but the demo missions didn't seem to have that much variety. Will subsequent levels have different game mechanics, using the dead knights in different ways? Could there maybe be different varieties of knights that have different properties or abilities (I don't know, a fat or short knight for example heh)?

erik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »

Thanks for the feedback SterlingDee.  We haven't really talked about having a variety in the knight abilities, but we do have a number of different mechanics in the works to give more variety to the actions the player takes and the types of puzzles that the player is faced with.  Freezing knights into ice cubes, and firing knights from cannons, for example.

Feedback Thread
eviltaco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

wow looks cool
Pidroh
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

This is really amazing, ambience, level design, art style, all very good!

One flaw I spotted, though, is that the controls feel a bit loose, wish they were tighter :x
erik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »

One flaw I spotted, though, is that the controls feel a bit loose, wish they were tighter :x

Do you think you could expand of this, or maybe give an example of what you would change or what you didn't like?

Thanks.

Feedback Thread
FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »

Just played through the whole thing, love the concept, art and atmosphere!

I too noticed the controls where a bit loose, specifically when running one way, then jumping another. I don't remember which level it was on, but you have to spawn, run to the left up a little ramp, then jump to the right onto a platform. It *seemed* like if I didn't come to a full stop before jumping the other way, I was still skidding to the left and so couldn't jump as far to the right. Does that make sense? Not a huge deal, just something that made me go "geesh, missed that jump again..." (But i've got issues like that to fix in my game too... Smiley )

Love the credits and the ending!

For me, it deemed like you had to kill too many knights. Getting across the spike conveyor, I must have thrown 15 - 20 knights on that thing. Perhaps I missed something and used way too many, but it felt repetitive, and not so enjoyable to kill so many in a row. I'll also agree with other comments, it feels like it needs some sort of indication of how many I should need to kill. Perhaps a maximum amount of corpses on the screen at once, and then the older ones fade away? For instance, if you think I should be able to get across with 5, limit me to 8 so I need to be more creative then just filling the whole thing up with 20 bodies. Not sure, just thinking through the keyboard.

Anyway, great game! Hope mine looks that nice someday!
Jupiter_Hadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »

I really enjoyed this game! I always die a lot in puzzle games, so I naturally love the idea of it being OK to die! Even needed! Great game and I hope to see more levels. I made a little let's play video if you'd like to check it out.
http://youtu.be/GCvokVK_kZI
volando
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »

Why is he wearing a sword if he can't use it? Smiley
ChaoticBoredom
Manbaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »

So that he can fling it away wildly when he dies. Grin
Jupiter_Hadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

So that he can fling it away wildly when he dies. Grin
It is just so he looks manly in case he sees an enemy.
Zoe Coleman Music
Level 1

Composer based in Brighton, UK

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 03:20:23 AM »

Just played through this and really liked it a lot - totally up my street with the sense of humour! Its a really cool concept and I can't wait to see more of it! :D

Also regarding music I think an ambient track would work quite well or perhaps a really well to do mock-classic/tudor/royal piece that picks up on the style of the game and complements the humour of it. Don't know if you've found someone to do the music yet, but as a composer myself its a game I'd love to work on so get in touch if you're still looking! Smiley

Also the way the credits were done was very cool (and sadistic haha) - overall just really enjoyed it! 

Website | Soundcloud | Twitter | Showreel
erik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »

...I made a little let's play video if you'd like to check it out.
http://youtu.be/GCvokVK_kZI

Cool!  Thanks for posting this.

Don't know if you've found someone to do the music yet, but as a composer myself its a game I'd love to work on so get in touch if you're still looking! Smiley

We are in the process of trying to figure out what we want for music, and dealing with trying to put together a budget and all of that sort of stuff, and we haven't gotten very far with it.  But thanks for the feedback and the input.  It's appreciated.

Feedback Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic