Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:21:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEven the Ocean (Behind the Art series started!) OUT NOW!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Even the Ocean (Behind the Art series started!) OUT NOW!  (Read 318096 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2013, 11:57:49 PM »

ok, updated irst post description to be CONCISE.

play hydlide 2
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2013, 10:42:50 AM »

what i was working on for the curious -

http://tindeck.com/listen/gdzq

I like the melody/harmony, but I think as is it's arranged too regal-y, too "cutscene"-like. I'll probably re-do it, but keep this sitting around in case it's needed elsewhere
reminds me of HARVEST MOON SNES

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »

this past week was finals/goodbyes. we threw a going a way party of sorts for..ourselves kind of because we never had one in our apartment. I also had to deal with finishing up classes (i am going to graduate, thank god). this weekend I was spending time with friends/family since I won't be seeing college friends for a while.

I hope to be getting back to consistent long work on this late this week. I'll be able to squeeze some work into it during E3, but I'll be standing around my booth most of the day tu-thu so I'll probably be pretty tired.

But yeah!

Jon and I are naming Pat and also hopefully titling the game so we can stop using placeholders and make a website or something.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »

ok we named Pat "Alif".

title forthcoming

play hydlide 2
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »

ok we named Pat "Alif".

Loved that show.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2013, 07:11:56 AM »

LUCAS

play hydlide 2
Cathay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:54 AM »

Hello,

Your game looks interesting to say the least. I was going to approach you about writing music but then I realised you were doing it yourself. Just out of curiosity, what program(s) are you using to write the music? I find it to be bizarre in a pleasant way. Also, your music for Anodyne was just beautiful.

B.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »

Thanks! I use REAPER and some soundfonts.

I renamed the character to Aliph because images of Alf come to mind now. Works just the same if not better.

Game has a name now. Even the Ocean.

Will get into full production this weekend or next monday most likely once E3 is over and I'm settled into where I'll be living for a few months.

---------

play hydlide 2
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2013, 08:20:35 AM »

enamed the character to Aliph because images of Alf come to mind now. Works just the same if not better.

Aliph is an improvement and Even the Ocean is a great name. 2 for 2. Don't fuck this up.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »

enamed the character to Aliph because images of Alf come to mind now. Works just the same if not better.

Aliph is an improvement and Even the Ocean is a great name. 2 for 2. Don't fuck this up.

the heeattt is on, argghh, yeah, let's hope the end result game doesn't suck.

----

E3 ends tomorrow then back to work. though i'm squeezing in a little bit of work at night.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »

I had some quiet time on the flight yesterday to think about Aliph's part of the story more, at least planning out start-to-finish with that more clearly (Right now it's been little levels being worked on but not a clear spot for where they go...sort of like Anodyne)...I'm feeling that I want to make Aliph's world similar to Anodyne's in that there isn't any focus on cutscenes or long dialogues. It's coming along nicely.

This is kind of a similar spot to where we were with Anodyne a year back! But I don't have something publically playable quite yet since I've been not doing art (since jon is now here to do that).

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »

I got a decent amount of work done Monday. Tuesday I spent fixing an issue in the iOS version of Anodyne (had to resubmit...will be out next thursday..) and moving Even the Ocean from NME to OpenFL (so had to port to HaXe 3). It was actually not terrible and works okay so far, I just need to figure out a couple of bugs

play hydlide 2
mrmachinery
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »

Looking forward to Even The Ocean dude, Anodyne was brilliant, absolutely loved the music.
Speaking of which I heard you used Reaper and was hoping you could tell me of some tutorials or something you used to learn how to use it as I'm currently attempting to record a soundtrack for a game and I've never used a DAW before but Reaper looks like a nice one?

Good luck on Even The Ocean I'm sure it will be great :D
Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »

Month 3
Still looking for screenshots. Food and water are scarce. Send help

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »

Month 3

FUCK YOU KURT jon's moving into a new place. I'm working on the game but it's like blocks and squares.

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »

Month 3

I thought the blocks and squares were the official art style?
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »

even the ocean is a fun new puzzle game with blocks where you connect same color ones to make the whole ocean flat and even!!!! WOWAH!!!

poe
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

even the ocean is a fun new puzzle game with blocks where you connect same color ones to make the whole ocean flat and even!!!! WOWAH!!!

Six Sided Sanctuary clone
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2013, 05:05:04 PM »

shhh you'll spoil it.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »

figured out stupid bugs and fixed some slope collision stuff that I needed to get around to, fixed serialization/patching bugs for objects.

Game uses latest haxeflixel and openfl now, finally. So hopefully blendmodes will appear at some point.

Going to play with hscript in a bit for scripting music/background image layer loading. Also need to finish the pause menu.

Might do something interesting instead like level design or music

here's a boring gif

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 87
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic