Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1028664 Posts in 41307 Topics- by 32915 Members - Latest Member: Rodmanix

July 31, 2014, 07:44:17 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsEven the Ocean (demo available. follow-up to Anodyne)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 80
Print
Author Topic: Even the Ocean (demo available. follow-up to Anodyne)  (Read 88060 times)
mushroomized
Level 7

haha im tired

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 07:04:32 AM »

pic~

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 11:39:28 PM »

GOOD EYE

finally did this this weekend

DesTomate
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »

gfx look good nice.
seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »

i avoided falling asleep in my political theory class today by drawing out the intro level more.

i also did additions to the editors.

anyways here's something stupid

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:41 PM »

there game mechancis

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:23 AM »

eeeenteresting

mushroomized
Level 7

haha im tired

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »

player movemetn bug fixes, state transitions...between some of the states...

going to read a bit, then plan out some stuff that i need to plan a bit more

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »

urk, I think we are very close to figuring out how we tie in mechanics from one part to another.

this will make sense if we finish the game, I swear.

like, stuff is being implemented, but stuff is also being figured out. does tha tmake sense? like a program. kind of. this game is a program. but also is a set of floaty ideas.

weird.

Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2013, 04:04:50 AM »

Powerful mechanics inside great graphics so far!

I like the in game editor thing, you don't see any issues doing everything in game? Can you script there too?

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »

I like the in game editor thing, you don't see any issues doing everything in game? Can you script there too?

HAHAHA yeah. I'm wondering how much of the game to actually show, I think it would be more fun to not reveal it. But at some point we'll want to test a demo of sorts. iono.

No, I don't foresee any issues with doing stuff in-game, at least with what we have planned.

For scripting, it would be nice if I could do that with the code and be able to refresh in-game but I can't figure out what works well with HaXe, or what the performance would be like. I guess I could just make up some scripting language and read that in and have stuff behave based on it - I might do that if the more tricky entities (Bosses) get out of hand. But for the most part, the in-editor stuff I have is for help with level editing.

I've just usually hardcoded my cutscenes. Which is fucking awful I guess. Maybe I'll think of a better way to do it when that time comes?

mushroomized
Level 7

haha im tired

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »

HAHAHA yeah. I'm wondering how much of the game to actually show, I think it would be more fun to not reveal it. But at some point we'll want to test a demo of sorts. iono.

No, I don't foresee any issues with doing stuff in-game, at least with what we have planned.

For scripting, it would be nice if I could do that with the code and be able to refresh in-game but I can't figure out what works well with HaXe, or what the performance would be like. I guess I could just make up some scripting language and read that in and have stuff behave based on it - I might do that if the more tricky entities (Bosses) get out of hand. But for the most part, the in-editor stuff I have is for help with level editing.

I've just usually hardcoded my cutscenes. Which is fucking awful I guess. Maybe I'll think of a better way to do it when that time comes?

aren't you using python or something to do some scripting thing somehow? If you ever do this or whatever, you should totally write a blogpost about it so idiots me can see how it's done

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »

Well, I had used python in the past to convert some arbitrary dialogue flat file into objects for AS3 (that's what anodyne does). But I realized I could just skip that step by embedding text files and parsing them myself ingame.

If I can figure out a sane way to make a scripting language to control basic things about some entities, I might do that. It's probablynot that hard, I just need to think about it a bit. I think the idea would be to make a series of commands that wait for conditions to be fulfilled, and use this helper skeleton class to make entities act some way till a condition is filled, then do the next thing, etc.

Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »

I haven't used haxe for a few years now, but to me it seems possible to use hscript as a scripting language while developing the game and then compiling the scripts with the regular haxe compiler for deployment. Since hscript isn't a full implementation of haxe it would limit you a bit, but I guess you only need live reloading for some basic behavior anyway.
GingieAle
Level 0

Magical Magician

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »

Wow I don't understand ANY of this coding talk :/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 80
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic