Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:22:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkEva Project
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Eva Project  (Read 8631 times)
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 01:39:26 AM »

Ya, is getting close to a production stage, 300 mb design document. Finishing some details. Next step is to find an artist to kick in some art work and improve the interface.

The production method is still on hold...

jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

Going to use Shiva3D for production:

The license is cheep 200$;
No royalty's requested;
Offers a server for multi player with high quality;
LUA scripting language;
Pure C++ development on the engine;
Most cross platform engine;
Width range of tools set to work with;
Web 3D player;
Linux support;
Publish to most if not all mobile devices;
Is not very known but the company is around from 2005;
They are writing their new version of software 2.0 which will improve all features, which will make it a very stable engine;

Other options considered and discarded:

Unity: expensive to purchase license 1500$, not that great support for multi player, free version don't support graphics quality so is kind useless for commercial development.
UDK: no extensive support for multi player, royalty based, although high graphic quality the low support for multi player a major draw back.
Cry engine: no commercial development unless paid high values.
Hero: major draw back only supports 30% royalty, but high quality engine;
XNA: although looks great, and is been around for a good time since 2004, the lack of support not what to make one jump in to it. Low platform compatibility;

These was the information that I was able to gather post your thought but don't inflame is not a debate on what is best, just a mater of excluding possibility's based on project objectives and personal.

ps: found a couple of links that explore the potentials of the engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HhOp-NWNk
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:54:02 AM by jdc_01 » Logged
CowBoyDan
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »

Your engine choice will probably make it harder for you to find a programmer. 

Word on the street company behind it (StoneTrip?) is in some state of liquidation.  Their blog hasn't been updated since december last year. 
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 12:26:36 AM »

CowBoyDan is not very good to lunch rumours best thing to do is to contact StoneTrip directly to see what happen.

I added the races for people to comment to the devlog category:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=34405.0

it's still very raw, comment at will.
CowBoyDan
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »

Try Google or StoneTrip liquidation I'm not launching any rumors. 
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »

That's a major draw back, I kind liked LUA scripting language was develop by Portuguese, I guess we understand which other logic.

Mean while updated the web site to a 2.0 version since SHIVA is not doing theirs 2.0 ... some one have to do software updates.

Shiva is probably not dead since they have a quality product they probably will sell it to a Chinese company with load's of cash and keep developing it. But at this time will be a bit of problem developing with out knowing the future. I read at SHIVA forums that the company's is really in a transaction stage, the only issue is if a company like UNITY buy it they will close it to the ground lol, that's what people complaining. The French law prohibit for ex-employs to talk about the company status when in a liquidation.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:28:50 PM by jdc_01 » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »

Use something that is used and tested by the maximum number of people, ther are many other good options anyway

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »

moi you want to help out?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

can't

jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 05:26:07 AM »

don't understand your logic, you set goals for other people project's, but you have no intentions in join in. Worse then that you explain zero?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2013, 05:29:55 AM »

yes

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2013, 05:30:54 AM »

don't understand your logic, you set goals for other people project's, but you have no intentions in join in. Worse then that you explain zero?

It's called advice, take it or leave it.
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2013, 06:32:12 AM »

I leave it
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »

You take it.

Yeah.
CowBoyDan
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2013, 07:15:47 AM »

moi you want to help out?

Moi was helping, with advice.
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »

There's a lot of requests for information regarding the design document so I post the disclaimer so that you know where are stepping.

A design document is intellectual property as an art piece is, or any other work that you develop, I show a part of a under development project, that does not mean i giving up the game copyright's to ta discuss forum, blog or any kind of public forum entity or agency,  or individual person, private or public corporations. All rights are  reserved!!!

If you want to be part of the project and see the 370 mb design document be prepared to sign non-disclosure agreements that prevent intellectual property theft. Or you can also work with not signing any thing but that's is on your won will or objectives. In that case you will not see the document. Only fragments of the hole structure.

The invitations are based on profit share if was not mention before it is now.

To all the under aged kids that are fishing comment for an answer keep dreaming.
Claxan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 01:40:15 PM »

In that case you will [...] see [...] only fragments of the hole structure.

Hahaha, sorry for off topic, but that typo is so deep man. So deep!
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »

There's a lot of requests for information regarding the design document so I post the disclaimer so that you know where are stepping.

A design document is intellectual property as an art piece is, or any other work that you develop, I show a part of a under development project, that does not mean i giving up the game copyright's to ta discuss forum, blog or any kind of public forum entity or agency,  or individual person, private or public corporations. All rights are  reserved!!!

I think you worry too much about people stealing your ideas. Unless you are some creative genius a design document isn't worth very much on its own. Also throwing around legal terms while asking for help will drive the people you need away. If your project fails (as most of these internet collaborations do) any one who works with you will have to worry about you suing them should they have any success in the future.

Big companies can get away with non disclosure agreements because they are paying their developers upfront. Most programmers and artists are ok signing away the opportunity to make a similar game some time in the future if you promise to pay their rent and feed them in the now.

The interest in your design document is mostly academic. We want to see what kind of designer you are. We want to know how you think a user will interact with your game world. Most importantly we want to know how well you can communicate some thing as nebulous as the "feel" of a game.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »

To all the under aged kids that are fishing comment for an answer keep dreaming.

Oh well , I'm out then Shrug

Otherwise , if you want more attention , you should really show some actual gameplay

Ye know , 1 image = 1000 words !
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42:10 PM »

This thread is funny. I like it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic