Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1027014 Posts in 41184 Topics- by 32792 Members - Latest Member: BobM

July 26, 2014, 11:14:11 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsQuadropus Rampage - Android and iOS Roguelike RPG Brawler
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Quadropus Rampage - Android and iOS Roguelike RPG Brawler  (Read 2241 times)
psyguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »

Man, I still think that the quadropus might be the bad guy here.  I see that he killed and ate one of his fellow seafarers just so that he could extract the poor guy's skeleton and proceed to use it as a weapon.  I just don't understand.  Smiley

Everything looks great from where I'm at.  Did you guys ever think about putting a "ceiling" on sideways dodges, such that if you tried to dodge while near an edge, you'd only dodge as far as you could without falling off the level?
bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »

THAT...would've been intelligent.

However letting the player dance outside the abyss is actually quite useful in big fights or when you're getting closed in. Now that the two are separated I don't think there's a need for it, but that would be a different way to solve it.

I think one of the basic problems therein is that the enemies are constantly moving in on the player position, so if your movement doesn't do what you think it will on occasion things could get a bit messy!

And yes, Quadropus is... well he's insane. JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE.
bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »

We ripped out the old ui and slapped in a prettier one with better functionality and crossplatform versatility. What's all that jargon mean? GOODNESS.

Fonting (or typography, for you fancier types) is hard.

We finally managed to find a font that aptly gives Quadropus Rampage some more character while keeping to the simple vector style graphics. All it seems to have taken is some jumbled letters, highlight and shadowing, and BLAM! Off to the menu races.

Once all the effects are in it will look as though he's skydiving, the background shakes slightly and a flurry of detritus blows upward. Plus! He'll have a nice angelic glow. BECAUSE WHY NOT.

If you've got any feedback on it we'd love to hear it. My personal stretch goal with this game is to make UI's that are more internally consistent. So far, following a few rules I literally wrote out to constrain myself, I've managed to keep the in-game and main menus similar in feel.

ONWARD! TO UPGRADES!
bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »

Updated Teaser/Trailer released just moments ago! Would love some feedback to incorporate into the trailer when it comes time for that beasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u33iBUlMoY&feature=youtu.be
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »

Title screen looks good, though I think I prefer his fish-bone sword from your prior posts. That's just my opinion though.

bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 05:55:30 AM »

Yea, the only issue is that it's one of the goofier weapons and doesn't read so well as an instant death-maker, like a normalish look sword does. We may well swap it with something else entirely by launch day, though.

Thanks for the feedback!
bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

Time for another FRIDAY HUPDATE.

We've seen some preview press rolling in from TouchArcade, Appspy and others on the iOS front, which is extremely rewarding since we're doing all the PR stuff ourselves (working out of your home necessitates such things).

The game is also boosted to 90% completion. We've got one massive surprise in store for next week that should give the game a lot more meaning and narrative punch.

This week saw us wrap up the UI overhaul, fully implement the store, polish up a lot of the gameplay mechanics and balance, and get the masteries looking gorgeous. We created all their icons and completely revamped the way they fly into the game screen to make them more intuitive and sexy. Because sexiness is important.

Here's a peak at the icons we've got thus far. We'll be adding a bit more content before launch, so it's likely that they'll be a few surprises in there once you get your hands on it.

Launch is slated for June 6th. We'll be hitting the media tracks hard in the next few weeks to make sure we get enough exposure to continue feeding ourselves. Thanks for the kind words and support as we've gone through development. There is light at the end of the tunnel, it's bright, and we can actually see it now!

bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 06:42:01 AM »

The box art for the game has come in! We've got a painter friend of ours who is a total beast, and we like the vibe it gives to our game to have a nice 1920x1200 wallpaper.

Thoughts?
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »

The box art for the game has come in! We've got a painter friend of ours who is a total beast, and we like the vibe it gives to our game to have a nice 1920x1200 wallpaper.
Thoughts?

Looks great! The text-logo pops out a bit too much for my liking, but the painting looks amazing.

bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »

Good call. I think I'll tone it down a bit so it blends better, and maybe tighten up its bump against the racket.

Thanks for the feedback!
bscotchshenani
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »

Offical Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIY4XK7ddX0

We're launching next Thursday, June 6th, and are ramping up the PR side of things right...NOW! Thanks for the support through dev. You guys are wonderful.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic