Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:59:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRelic Romance (Open beta released!)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Relic Romance (Open beta released!)  (Read 7489 times)
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »

We've done some heavy redesigning of the game's main structure (for the last time, legit). I'll have a massive blog post up soon enough about the official everything about the game (including a name, logo, etc!) but until then, here's an image for screenshot saturday. :D

-Chris

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »

A lovely animated sneak-peak at gameplay!

Alex Higgins
Level 2

@alchiggins on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 04:21:53 AM »

Jets hell yes hell yes.

My Dev Blog! >  Sassy Echidna Software
WIP >  Monsterpunk
Latest Game >  Bloodjak
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 08:32:37 PM »

It's been a little while and I've been neglectful of my duties and passion. I'm happy to return bearing good news! For one, you may have noticed that the game has officially been named. That's pretty awesome! We've also released the full details, all of which can be found on our website. If you want just the basics, check out the first post.

We're going to be launching an open beta hopefully within a couple of weeks, and we'd love for your input. Stay tuned on that, we'll definitely update everyone here.

Thanks for sticking with us Smiley

-Chris

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 09:31:20 PM »

Spent basically all evening today working on a compact control scheme so that people without a numpad can still play the game (it's called compact for a reason).

Ran into what seems to be an OS bug that crashes the game occasionally on startup if there is no existing save file. It's frustrating, but the only thing I can really do to combat it (as far as I know) is ask the user not to delete their save file. I would much rather have the game function flawlessly with or without a save file, but from what I can tell that's out of my control.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a boatload of polish. It'll be fun seeing the rough edges smoothed away.

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 08:32:07 PM »

Today I re-added and 'finished' the choice modifiers for the open beta. Six modifiers made the cut, and what they are will remain a secret for now. They need a little bit of polish, but they're pretty nifty.

They range from changing core gameplay mechanics to really simple alterations that are purely for fun. The mods should hopefully add some replayability/silliness to the game!

Fede3751
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »

Love the concept and the art-style used! Smiley
Definitely following this! :3
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »

Love the concept and the art-style used! Smiley
Definitely following this! :3

Much appreciated!  Grin

I finished most of my outstanding tasks today, which leaves mostly polish, bug testing and sound. It's an exciting place to be, but I'm really dreading filling this game with sound, even partially. Hopefully all goes well!

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »

This here is Screenshot Saturday material, mark my words. You're gonna go far, kid.

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

We've finally settled on an official open beta release date!

00:00 on November 9th (PST)

I am excited  Smiley

Fede3751
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »

We all are! :D
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »

After surviving the full force of three back to back midterms today, I returned home and promptly ignored the fact that it was Halloween and instead did sound work for the game.

I'm happy with how things are turning out so far, but I have no idea how to handle ambient match music. Right now it sounds a bit empty. We'll have to look into it and see if we can whip up a track or two for matches.

The future approaches!

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »

We finished up the splash screen/menu for the beta today. It looks really nice and I'm proud of it. The beta is coming out in under a week now, which is a scary but pleasant thought.

It's nice to know that we'll be able to focus on aspects of the game that we think are most important once the beta is out.

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »

After close to a year of hard work, we are proud to finally be able to release the Relic Romance beta to the public! We've spent a lot of time crafting this game, and we aren't done yet, but figured it's time to let everyone see what exactly we've been making all this time.

For those of you who don't know, Relic Romance is a competitive two-player hotseat game. In it, you and your friend (or enemy) go head to head to level up, kill each other and be the first one to cash in the Relics that spawn on the edges of the map. It's all very dramatic, fast-paced and, well, romantic! You and your frienemy are going to get very close, and there may be some shoving involved. It's all part of the fun.

Before you download the game and start playing, there are a few things you should be aware of:

• This is a beta, and there are some things missing
  • This game is two-player only, unless you can play both sides at the same time (which would be awesome)
  • Make sure you read the README file in the .zip, as it will give you more information on how to get the game running smoothly.

This beta version is by no means perfect, and we'd love to get your help in making sure everything is balanced, fun and polished. Feel free to leave your feedback, positive or negative. All information you give us will go toward making the game better and better.

Now, without further ado, I present to you the Relic Romance 0.8 Beta:

Thanks for playing, and be sure to check back here soon for more updates!

-Magnesium Ninja
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:11:49 AM by Magnesium Ninja » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic