Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:16:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioShow us some of your music!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 172
Print
Author Topic: Show us some of your music!  (Read 497337 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2008, 05:00:15 AM »

Just as a test. There are a lot of music threads popping up now, so we might as well collect single songs in one thread, eh?

Heck, even I made a song: http://hideou.se/music/overalreadyy.mp3

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:55:56 AM »

well, I already made a general-purpose chiptune thread, but if people want to use this topic for other music, that'd be cool.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »

For now, my more or less shitty / coming from the heart
video game arrangements.

From oldest to newest:

May 07: Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - Lava Dead Beat
June 07: Rambo (NES) - Rambeau [with 'bjkmenu']
July 07: Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - Tides Of Darkness [with 'Vegeroth']
August 07: One Must Fall 2097 (PC) - Scrap Metal Monster
October 07: Dawn Of Sorrow (DS) - (Born) The Moment Dracula Died [with 'thesamareaye']
March 08: Dove (PC) - This Bird Is On Fire
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »

I made a thread for my stuff a while ago even.
SHARING!!!!!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2743.0

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:16 AM »

http://c418.org/sine_ep.zip

My latest EP. I'm not quite fond of it but people surprisingly like it. Which is really cool. No wait, I mean it's fucking awesome! Beer!

(Mostly minimal techno also breakbeat experimental shit)

Hideous, I love your song.

brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »

I haven't seriously made music for some years now, so this is quite old.  Still you might find it interesting if you like your music unmusical and noisy.

http://smestorp.googlepages.com/brog-brittletoastcastle.mp3
http://smestorp.googlepages.com/brog-flavourofhumanismeatish.mp3
etc.
Kekskiller
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »

Music! I'm just addicted.

I've done several small pieces for my 1D game, but this here is the most quality one so far:
Cave, 2:24 minutes

Bit IDM complexity, bit Ambient/Ambience, bit Soundtrack.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 06:22:18 AM »

Hideous - Stonehenge Returns

It was made for music class, but I learned a lot while making it. Take a listen if you're brave :D

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »

Humdrum!

I did this for a game that was posted in the Feedback forum here, but the guy who was making it has kind of disappeared! It was an attempt to do something more ambient and minimal, but I kind of failed.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:48 PM »

And still you made something very awesome.

Synnah
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 03:31:45 AM »

Thanks!

I listened to your EP, and I also really like it. It's very cohesive, and it works perfectly as a whole; I wasn't sure where one song ended and the next began. Also, the last track is awesome. More experimental breakbeat shit, please!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »

Something very simple here. It's a rough draft of something I might want to use for the Lovecraft compo, if I have time to make an entry. It's intended as a sort of moodsetting background music, so don't expect all that much to happen. Problem is, I've listened to it so many times over the last couple of hours that I find it impossible to judge whether it "works" or not, so I'm grateful for any feedback. Instrument patches probably are subject to change (violin sounds pretty crappy).

http://www.box.net/static/flash/box_explorer.swf?widgetHash=uixgju3la5&cl=0
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »

I think it works, but I really think the piano part could use a little spicing up  Undecided

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »

I think it works, but I really think the piano part could use a little spicing up  Undecided

Thanks; I sort of liked the dreary monotony that the very simple piano line created. I'll give it a shot anyway and see if it improves the piece.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 02:01:56 AM »

I like the atmosphere, but agree the piano part could use a bit more.

Also, there are parts, especially when the second string part comes in, where the chords do not really make a lot of sense. I think you should try to make the melody part a little less 'busy' in those parts and maybe move the bass notes up and down to try to create some consonance with the other instruments.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:55 AM »

Also, there are parts, especially when the second string part comes in, where the chords do not really make a lot of sense.

The idea was that the violin isn't completely consonant with the rest of the piece, thus creating a sort of eerie/creepy atmosphere; that's why I threw in all sorts of minor seconds and tritones and stuff like that. I had a feeling that if everything fit perfectly into a standard minor scale, it would perhaps seem like a somber instrumental piece, but not really haunting. I'm not completely confident that I achieved what I wanted, and your comment seems to underline that...

Hm. I guess I'll let it rest for a couple of days and listen to it with fresh ears then. Thanks for the comments.
Synnah
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 05:31:41 AM »

I like the dreary monotony of the piano, as you put it. I wouldn't suggest making it more intricate, but rather progress to chords instead of just single notes as the song progresses. Add a second note about a minute in, and another one when the violins start. If that makes sense.

I like the dissonance of the violins, also. They give the piece an air of something that's not quite right, which I guess is the sound you were going for.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 05:34:59 AM »

I like the dissonance of the violins, also. They give the piece an air of something that's not quite right, which I guess is the sound you were going for.

Hurrah! Grin So it does have that effect on some people at least.

The suggestion with additional chord notes for the piano also sounds reasonable; I could easily flesh it out with a fifth and perhaps a third or seventh. Thank you.
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 06:07:03 AM »

I make computer game and drum and bass influenced electro/breaks music.

I wanna make music for games

http://myspace.com/fullspectrumnickbyrne

Would love some feedback, and to work on anyone's project here.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 08:22:28 AM »

What Synnah said for the piano part is basically what I was thinking as well. Perhaps spicing up was a poor choice of words, but adding interest to.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 172
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic