Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:41:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDuel of the Disks- A local multiplayer minimalistic fighter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Duel of the Disks- A local multiplayer minimalistic fighter  (Read 2876 times)
Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »

Duel of the Disks is a game I've had sitting on my computer for a while now, and it's probably a game that I should finish. So, I've decided to do that.

DotD is a 2D fighting game along the lines of 0Space and Samuri Gunn. Each player has a disk, and the goal of the game is to use said disk to destroy the other player.

The basics for it are all in place, I just need to add stages, polish, etc.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:26:28 PM by Cloudiest Nights » Logged

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »

Please make a better logo, all I could read from the one in your Sig was 'of the', and the rest was just a mess

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »

Please make a better logo, all I could read from the one in your Sig was 'of the', and the rest was just a mess
I read it as "oven of the disco"

This looks cool, though!

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »

Grin Yeah, I'll change it. I was messing around with it and went to far.

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »

Gah! Ran across an annoying bug where player 2 can only sometimes shoot its disk up or to the left. This'll be a weird one to fix...

EDIT: Aaaand fixed. Just had to delete the second player, duplicate the first player, and then edit the duplicate first player into the second. Should be working fully now.

EDIT EDIT: removed broken image link
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:25:16 AM by Cloudiest Nights » Logged

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »

I want to see this finished =) looks fun to me.

psyguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »

Does the game have levels/arenas with objects to jump around on, and cover options, or does the game focus on "open air" combat, like a Mortal Kombat type of game?
Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »

Does the game have levels/arenas with objects to jump around on, and cover options, or does the game focus on "open air" combat, like a Mortal Kombat type of game?

I'm planning for combat to involve lots of platforming and jumping, so more of the former. I do plan on having a level that is completely flat, though, which is a bit more like something from Mortal Kombat. I'm trying to emulate the simple controls of games like 0Space and Nidhogg (which I need to play sometime if I ever get the chance).

I've been trying to figure out controller support, but I've decided to use JoyToKey for now. It works perfectly with an NES controller!  Grin

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »

interested to see where this leads.. looks like fun

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »

Wouldn't mind a tron disc battle game. A destructible flying level wouldn't be bad either  Beg

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 01:21:16 AM »

I'd definitely play that Smiley Will it be available on Linux?

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 02:39:12 PM »

Wouldn't mind a tron disc battle game. A destructible flying level wouldn't be bad either  Beg

Done. I think I'll make it cloud related...

I'd definitely play that Smiley Will it be available on Linux?

I wish. I only have GameMaker 8.1, which only supports Windows. I am going to be starting up a Kickstarter sometime this summer for a game I'm working on, and that'll help me buy GameMaker studio (which supports mac and Ubuntu). Then I'll be sure to release this for those systems as well.

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »

Here's a basic design for a cloud level I'm naming "Icarus."

All the fluffy bits can be destroyed, so that can lead to some fun fights. I'm thinking about making another cloud map made up of a mountain of clouds in the middle that can be tunneled through. Thoughts?

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Well, I have a very fickle-y mind, and I haven't been working on this game at all for a couple of months now. I've started work on a couple other projects, so I'll be putting this one on hold till I feel ready to return to it.

The good news is I'll give out a current build of what I already have which includes a score system, 2 player support, and 2 levels.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bm0z5e5uss7jlt5/c71NBihkV1

This project will be on hiatus while I tackle my two other projects.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic