Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1067248 Posts in 43574 Topics- by 35616 Members - Latest Member: Myllis

November 28, 2014, 02:55:49 AM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHeroes of Loot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heroes of Loot  (Read 479 times)
orangepascal
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:18:12 AM »

As part of the OneGameAMonth.com challenge I decided to work on, and release, my latest game : Heroes of Loot.   It's an action rogue-like very loosely based on Gauntlet and some other rogue like concepts.  Since I rarely play rogue like games I also put a lot of my own action-sauce on top of it Wink

This is also my first ever desktop-game for PC / Mac / Linux, it requires Java.. and since it's my first attempt it's completely pay-what-you-want. 

This is first release, and I plan to add a lot more stuff like quests, multiplayer support, more shops, weapons, etc, etc.  It will come to Android, iOS, Ouya, BB10/Playbook, and more

Grab the game here: http://www.orangepixel.net/heroesofloot/desktop/
Daniel Thomas
Level 0

Freelance Artist

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »

I gave it a go and made a humble donation. I think it has potential to be great fun! Also love the idea of 2 player. Smiley

The donation button took me to a dutch(?) paypal, not sure if it's my setting or the actual button URL, it's not really a problem, but could confuse some.

Good work and good luck! Smiley

orangepascal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »

I gave it a go and made a humble donation. I think it has potential to be great fun! Also love the idea of 2 player. Smiley

The donation button took me to a dutch(?) paypal, not sure if it's my setting or the actual button URL, it's not really a problem, but could confuse some.

Good work and good luck! Smiley

yeah still sorting out some issues with the buttons and shop stuff.. using this game as learning experience for releasing more pc/mac games. That's why it's also pay-what-you-want, so I can just check out how things work.

thanks for the donation! very appreciated
GameRoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »

It's interesting, but it needs more depth. I'd like to see more level elements instead of just corridors and open spaces. The combat is a bit bland and I was at almost full health until level 8, where it just gets hectic. You seem to auto-aim to the nearest enemy, which is strange. Also, at one point the sound just stopped at a point where I picked up an invisibility cloak. And I often come to doors that let you skip floors and it says I need more small keys when I have some. Do they take 5 or something?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:38:04 PM by GameRoom » Logged
orangepascal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »

It's interesting, but it needs more depth. I'd like to see more level elements instead of just corridors and open spaces. The combat is a bit bland and I was at almost full health until level 8, where it just gets hectic. You seem to auto-aim to the nearest enemy, which is strange. Also, at one point the sound just stopped at a point where I picked up an invisibility cloak. And I often come to doors that let you skip floors and it says I need more small keys when I have some. Do they take 5 or something?

it's a first "onegameamonth" release, as explained on the site and the readme, etc Wink  more stuff is gonna be added like quests, etc.

auto-aim is there cause the game is originally being designed for mobile devices. 

the doors with higher numbers require more keys, if you are in dungeon 3 and a door says 5, it needs 2 keys, etc.
orangepascal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »

adding quests to the game, starting very simple and incorporating the tutorial stuff into the quests -

screenshot taken from the mobile version, but it will also come to the desktop version
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic