Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:40:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingrr
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: rr  (Read 6102 times)
mooosh
rr
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:36:45 AM by mooosh » Logged
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »

i wish i could swim through the seas of your original thought

ink.inc
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »

game of the year 2009
PostPre
Level 1

Posted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »

Just played it, gonna go clean my pants now (they're drenched in sem3n)

lame joe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »

i love u zak
melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »

o hey i heard about this good job zake!

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »

my feedback is your chiptunes arent very authetnic. you migtwwant to rn a ckcikstareter to get some real hardware. this will make the game better

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 07:38:28 PM »

You should release this many good games EVERYDAY!
ink.inc
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »

hm

haven't played yet, but this looks eerily familiar to cactus's Seizuredome :\

oops?

whos this cactus guy and why is he rippign off moosh
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »

i don't see it

melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »

yeah

noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »

I guess this is a good time to revisit the question of art's attachment to the outside world. Does (or should) the piece exist in and of itself, an isolated entity immune to the shifting tides of human culture? Or is a work inextricably tied to the context into which it is born? (hint, it's the latter unless you don't want to be invited to parties)

Which brings us to Sake Express 2. Whether or not it is "truly" mooosh's original game doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things. Just by virtue of him releasing it he has made this game his, in its own way. This opens up shiny brilliant avenues of discourse, such as the effect of mooosh's authorship upon the piece, and how that attribution changes the message. Likewise, the timing of the release impregnates the game with even further value. And even if you go with the "ART STANDS ALONE IDIOT" thesis and deprive yourself of all these neat talking points, you could still talk about the effects of the alterations on a semiotic level. If that black Mario hack was a mustached Mona Lisa, then this is fuckin' Piss Christ.

Hell, I'd even be willing to entertain the idea that the presence of Seizuredome has made this game even richer as an artistic statement, as now the game is tied to its forerunner and must be examined within its context. Even if we were to reduce things to a matter of value, I'd be willing to argue that Sake Express 2 is the "superior" game, as it exists within the aesthetic contexts of two predecessors (the original Sake Express and Seizuredome), whereas the original Seizuredome is quite literally an artistic island in comparison.

And either way, you gotta appreciate the way mooosh is punk enough to go all van Meegren up ins. We need more of that within the medium. And now it's our job to appreciate that punk move instead of dragging the conversation down to base arguments about cloning.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:12 AM »

since I am OCD and I haven't played the first one, I think it would not be correct for me to play this sequel.sorry

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
jiitype
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »

Dear mooosh...
WHAT ARE YOU
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »

Hell, I'd even be willing to entertain the idea that the presence of Seizuredome has made this game even richer as an artistic statement, as now the game is tied to its forerunner and must be examined within its context. Even if we were to reduce things to a matter of value, I'd be willing to argue that Sake Express 2 is the "superior" game, as it exists within the aesthetic contexts of two predecessors (the original Sake Express and Seizuredome), whereas the original Seizuredome is quite literally an artistic island in comparison.

It is the Reservoir Dogs to Seizurdome's City On Fire.

kairunotabi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »

Actually SeizureDome came first before moosh'es SAKE EXPRESS Series, by the way...

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET YOUR INSPIRATIONS! YOUR GAMES ARE WAY OUT OF THIS WORLD!
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »

Holy shit, this is more addictive than it looks.
With score 165000 I feel like a pwnz0r, but I know it could be better.
Shit, thought about making an android port? :D
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 12:22:42 AM »

Sake?

Careful there. Colorless? Yes.
Odorless? Yes. Enjoy, please.
Synesthesia.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 03:35:23 AM »

Code:
for object sxms:

Error defining an external function.

-- Right after pressing return after graphics settings, this is what shows.
On my comp it works fine, but on my friend's this happens. The main difference is that I'm on an NVidia GeForce 250 and he's on an ATI Radeon HD4890. Also, I'm on core2duo and he's core2quad
namragog
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »

the thing about mooosh is that hes just so cool
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic