Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:58:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThe Dereck Boyer Saga
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Dereck Boyer Saga  (Read 3286 times)
ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »

It's immature but highly entertaining.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:33:45 PM by ananasblau » Logged

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »

i do think it's making fun of him, but, from these four videos, my impression is that the guy is clearly a pathological liar. i don't really feel bad about making fun of liars. it's not like he's a well-meaning honest guy who's just mentally challenged, like forrest gump. he's someone who concocts these obviously transparent deceptions about how he got a job for taito and how there's a party happening at his house and how he carries pipe bombs in his trenchcoat and so on. i think that people who tell blatant falsehood after blatant falsehood to others just to seem more impressive kind deserve to be made fun of for that

i knew a somewhat similar guy in high school; he claimed he was a professional 'face designer' for videogame companies and that they hired him from all over to design people's faces for their games (he was 14 at the time of saying this). he claimed to do this from his computer, but when i asked to see his computer when i was visiting his house, he said he hides it to keep robbers away from it and he doesn't want to bother to bring it out of hiding to show it to me. he also claimed to have had sex with like half the girls in our classes. all very obvious lies and i'm not sure why he thought i would believe him, but whenever i doubted him he'd get riled up and insist that everything he said is the truth, and tend to dodge questions the way this guy does

basically, you can't control how you look, or your essential nature; you probably can't control your intelligence level. people should not be made fun of for things they can't control, things that are beyond their power to change. (e.g. you shouldn't make fun of people's race, gender, sexual orientation, and other things essential to who they are or how they were born). BUT you can control what you claim to be true or not, and i think it's fine to make fun of people for lying, especially when they do so in such a ridiculous and easy to expose way
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:37:35 PM by Paul Eres » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 01:05:25 AM »

he's prob lying out of insecurity/shame tho

don't want to moralize though, i found the videos funny
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:15:24 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Ant
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 01:27:21 AM »

i would have sympathy if we were poking fun of somebody who recently frequented tigs or whatever, but this is over 10 years old and considering the dude seems to be highly private his name and photo are clearly not relevant so he/she remains annonymous

pls continue with the funnies
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 01:36:11 AM »

it's not his real name and photo i think
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 01:41:58 AM »

No, the name, photo, and voice were all fabricated by my friend Omnizer0 and I to fit our impression of his character. We never knew anything beyond that his name was Dereck and he had a Yahoo Club/Group. Everyone's insights on this really crack me up... For years only a few of my friends and I did his catch-phrases and stuff so it's awesome to see other people picking up on them now :D

I'll try to post the next one tomorrow, which is actually a conversation between him and a friend of mine. It's pretty damn hilarious.

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:35 AM »

Wow this guy reminds me of a lot of people I knew in middle school.  Especially the part about him claiming that he keeps pipe bombs in his jacket.  I swear about 1/2 of the boys at my school claimed to either have bombs or that they knew how to make bombs.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
poe
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »

WHERE'S THE NEXT PART?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »

he's prob lying out of insecurity/shame tho

don't want to moralize though, i found the videos funny

sure, but there's causes for everything. the executives of the big banks who get bail-outs and crashed the economy are probably only greedy because they're insecure too, and mass shooters probably weren't loved by their mothers, doesn't mean people shouldn't make fun of them or that what they do isn't wrong. if people refuse to shame anyone for any reason it sort of renders the entire purpose of shame (to keep people from doing stupid things) useless

so what i meant was like: there's valid uses of mocking people sometimes; it prevents bad, controllable behavior and encourages good behavior, so i don't really sympathize with the idea that we should avoid making fun of people or that it's somehow an inherently bad thing to do, it's just that it's often misused that's the problem

the only thing i found sort of questionable was making fun of the kid's voice (even though he doesn't actually talk like that and it's just imagination) -- since speech impediments aren't things that people can control, and not really something to make fun of

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

Okay, here's part 5 :3

I exported it like 5 times but every time I lost frames. The one that got uploaded was actually the first one I exported and it only had one missing frame around 4:02. Oh Well

deathtotheweird
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

Ha Ha.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 08:23:01 PM »

in this episode: dereck is with 6 or 7 women, and a football player who is not dereck is saying it makes him feel tough to play bad dudes on the famicom

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 10:11:14 AM »

Really funny :D
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:14 AM »

The Yahoo group even still exists. Ha Ha. :-P

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fistofthenorthstargames/
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »

You have been banned from this group by the group moderator (Yahoo! ID banned: stoic_wanderer). You may not join the group fistofthenorthstargames.

Sad

Oh well. Ha Ha

poe
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »

I'd like to see more, oksu? Ha Ha. :-P
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 06:50:17 PM »

Dereck certainly seems like an interesting character. Looking forward to the following video(s)!

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »

I might work on putting together a new one tonight!

poe
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »

<3
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »

So, I presume this is dead?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic