Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:40:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeedback Twitch Stream
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback Twitch Stream  (Read 1172 times)
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »

Just got my twitch stream working so am going to spend some time doing games you guys send me to do!
So please reply here for a game for me to play on stream and I'll do it.
Also I would like some feedback on my stream, if it lags, or my mic crackles or whatever :D

To find out when I'm streaming go follow me on twitch http://twitch.tv/tiglouis
Or follow my twitter, I'll tweet whem I'm going to start - http://twitter.com/louisdeb

Thank you for any support <3
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:45:33 AM by louisdeb » Logged
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

Starting in 10 mins
FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »

Hey, I'm working on a game called Squaresville.  It's kind of a long story but basically I "won" the experimental gameplay contest last month to get funding from Sifteo to make an indie game for their platform.  Anyway I had some problems with players not understanding how to play and stuff.  I have since completely changed the first few minutes of gameplay adding a longer learning ramp and introduction to the primary gameplay mechanics.  You would be one of the first people to try out the new demo.  Link here with everything included...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42191645/Squaresville.zip

If you aren't interested in that I have another game in development that is a PC game called Faster Blaster.  It features open world gameplay, box2d physics, and an amazing dynamic lighting engine I developed.  This is all using my own open source game engine.  More info and download here...

http://fasterblaster.3d2k.com
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

Gonna play one game of League of Legends then I'll be doing that :D follow me on twitter and i'll tweet when i'm about to go if you want to watch
FrankForce
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

Awesome, thanks!
FrankForce
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 11:11:09 AM »

Also, the controls are kind of weird in the emulator, they only use the mouse (that isn't up to me, its just an emulator).  The window that pops up when the game runs will explain the controls, it's really pretty simple once you get the hang of it.  Anyway if that all fails just abort and play Faster Blaster.
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »

idk why but the chat isn't working, you watching? am about to play it
FrankForce
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to louis (and his friends in the chat) for doing this.  If he offers again you would wise to take him up on his offer!  He played two of my games for several hours and I learned a ton from watching and have a page full of notes. We also talked about some of the design and how it can be improved.  There are a few things specifically that will be changed as a result of this play test.  That's all, peace!

Update - I just spent a few hours working out some of the things we talked about during the play test. I put up a new build of Faster Blaster on the website.  Here is a list of some of the changes in the new version based on feedback from this playtest...

- Regular bullets do damage to the onion rings.  1 charged shot or 3 normal shots kills them.
- Reduced how much the onion rings pull towards the player so they are easier to dodge.
- Reduced rate that the turrets fire the onion rings.
- Reduced health of final boss.
- Reduced number of shield blocks for final boss and increase how fast it rotates
- Fixed it not doing the cool zoom out every time you respawn like it does when you first start the game.
- Fixed a tiny glitch with the player laser causing extra lines to be drawn sometimes.

There are a few more things I'd like to take a look at but that covers some of the biggest issues I saw.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:03:42 PM by FrankForce » Logged
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:45:17 AM »

Thanks Frank :D If anyone's interested in finding out what the stream is like you can watch my stream with Frank here:

(skip past the first game, I got into it before Frank sent me his stuff).
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »

Requesting games for a stream this weekend!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic