Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1038027 Posts in 41936 Topics- by 33554 Members - Latest Member: Beardy

September 01, 2014, 10:32:28 AM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMayhem Triple, from the Sombreros guys
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mayhem Triple, from the Sombreros guys  (Read 634 times)
Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile Email
« on: April 10, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAi37UFhI4s&feature=youtu.be

After 10 long years of remaking and mostly not working on it (and then 3 months at the end of working on it 8 hours a day) I've finally finished what should hopefully be my last MMF project.

http://www.sniperdiplomat.com/?page_id=46

It controls like Abuse (platform shooter), so mouse and keyboard is required. Its music (from Mr. Podunkian) owns. It mostly focuses on cinematic set-pieces but has slight non-linearity with its canonical New Game + features. It's out, it's free, hope you guys enjoy!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

it's really good. really, really good.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »

I really wanted to enjoy this, but the lack of enemy variety really kills it.  Only so many cute fluffy bunnies you can kill before it gets old.  That, and the wall jumping controls are really awkward.

Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »

I really wanted to enjoy this, but the lack of enemy variety really kills it.  Only so many cute fluffy bunnies you can kill before it gets old.  That, and the wall jumping controls are really awkward.

Anything specifically about the wall jumping?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 06:36:30 PM »

it's a short game (45 or so minutes for your first run), so the limited amount of enemies isn't really a problem, especially since the set-pieces break up the combat more than more enemy types could anyways.

wall-jumping seems fine to me, but then again I've played a lot of platformers that have wall-jumping so it wasn't hard to get used to.

it's a really good game. the pacing is great and the dialog is funny. and there's little touches that make new game+ plays definitely worth playing.

I give it 9/10 carrots
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

It's a combination of having to do it on a keyboard, one-handed (since your other hand is on the mouse), and I feel like I have to do the directional inputs backwards to chain the wall jumps together.

Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »

It's a combination of having to do it on a keyboard, one-handed (since your other hand is on the mouse), and I feel like I have to do the directional inputs backwards to chain the wall jumps together.

You only need to press jump to do this, though?
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

king piss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 12:19:56 AM »

wall jumping is really hard for me to but maybe i'm just stupid

Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:09:33 AM »

wall jumping is really hard for me to but maybe i'm just stupid

It's one button, tap the jump button
Murilo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »

Holy cow! Great game!! I've only played to the part where you must keep shooting the ground with a bazooka and it's just great!! Impressive amount of work you got there, sir!

I had no problem with the controls but I'm used to this kind of games. According to a fellow in a previous post it may be a little short, but if it was longer and more enemies, features or something, it should definitely be a paid game! Hand Money Left
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic