Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:51:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUntitled Mutant FPS
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled Mutant FPS  (Read 1203 times)
FatBasic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »

Untitled Mutant FPS
(Help me on a name)

Play
Unity Web Player at Kongregate
you need to be signed out of your kongregate account, before you can play the game, Sorry!

About
Hello!

I'm working on this game alone which is an Wolfenstein 3D inspired FPS.
The goal of the game is to reach the end of the map and hit the elevator switch.
All graphics is made by me and are considered placeholders.
Haven't quite thought out the story yet, but it might be something about a guy who is sent to a laboratory to kill all the mutants.

Controls
- Arrows or WASD to move
- 1-9 or scroll wheel to select weapon
- E or Space to press buttons or open doors
- Left mouse or Left CTRL to shoot
- R to reload

Screenshots
1 | 2 | 3
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:29:52 PM by FatBasic » Logged

Minimally
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:45:36 PM »

I'm having issues with the web player link, just goes to the Kongregate home page
MalboM
Level 0

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:44:02 AM »

I can't access to the game too

Indie Game Developer Smiley
Check out my websites!
www.ferrarafabio.com
www.chubbypixel.com
FatBasic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 04:58:21 AM »

Due to the way Kongregate works with guest keys, you have to be signed out of your Kongregate account, before you can play the game  Sad

Minimally
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »

I think it is a pretty good start. I am not sure what to name the game though. There are some issues with the edges of the plant textures. Unity needs some configuration with alpha/mipmap on textures, there is a thread about it here. http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10302/messy-alpha-problem-white-around-edges.html
One other thing is the active weapon could switch to the next available when ammo runs out. The pistol really sucks against the apple looking guys but I kept using up the machine gun ammo and couldn't find any clips. Not sure about the name for the game.
FatBasic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Smiley
I'm already aware about the edges of some textures, and I also know how to fix it (Just set the wrap mode of the texture to clamp) Wink
Good idea with switching to the next weapon when the ammo runs out Smiley

deathtotheweird
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »

Not really sure what kind of feedback you want or need, as the game really needs one or two of everything. 

Some things in particular that would help towards it's playability is to include more audio and visual feedback. Some kind of visual cue and/or sound when the player gets hit, and the same for enemies (that tiny blood splatter isn't really enough). Also a sound for when the enemies aggro on you, and weapon recoil and dry fire sounds would go some ways to make the shooting feel more impactful.

Also the red enemies are not fun. An enemy like that would be more interesting to fight against if it didn't move during it's attack animation, that way you can mitigate some damage and get some shots in. Otherwise it's just chomping at you and it takes a lot of shots so there's not really much you could do except suck up the health loss. And that's lame.

As for the other enemies you should have them strafe or something, they kind of just stand there while you pump bullets into them and that's not really that interesting.

And I don't see any need for the player to have to press a button to open doors, should just make them open automatically.

Lastly, more and more sounds.

FatBasic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 03:01:50 AM »

I'm looking for all kinds of feedback on how the game should turn out, since this is the first FPS I'm developing Smiley

You are right about more sounds is needed, and I will look into that soon so the game will be more interesting Smiley

The red enemies should definitely be tweaked as well as more interesting A.I behavior.

I will keep "press a button to open doors functionality", since I'm planning to add secret doors, and wants the player to go around the map pressing use on interesting looking walls Wink

Thanks for the great feedback allen!  Coffee

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic