Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 01:32:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOlav & the Lute [download now!]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Olav & the Lute [download now!]  (Read 24357 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »

Great mood.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »

Will this be only for Windows or?

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »

Will this be only for Windows or?

For the time being yes, and maybe browser.
The game will be released for free in ~2 months.
 Since we work with unity, i suppose it won't be hard to make a linux / mac version,

A iOS version could be done, if people actually like the game Wink

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »

Very nice and moody trailer. Like it a lot

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

Very nice and moody trailer. Like it a lot

Thanks!
Everyone, go like our facebook page and spread the word Smiley

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 01:35:07 AM »

Pixel 36 Pixel 31 Pixel 11 Pixel 1D Pixel 1A Pixel 0B Pixel 0C Pixel 38 Pixel 17 Pixel 18 Pixel 08 Pixel 25 Pixel 06
 Embarrassed Tongue Cheesy Tears of Joy

s
o
o
n

I'm finishing up. Working with our sounddesigner on the music and sounds, putting all the words together. It's been a long ride, but soon it'll be finished.
Soon i'll get more screens up =)

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 04:59:38 AM »

i tried. i really tried to build a save / load function.
i used unitySerializer, a plug-in supposed to make everything easier. But i got only errors. it's because how we built our engine in unity, it's complicated.

the endline is, there will be no save or load function. which is sad, but not tragic. the game will be, as said before, short. If you're good and see thru the puzzles, it will take you maybe 20 to 30 mins to complete it.
If not, max. an hour. So yeah, a save function would have been nice, but i've got my head in other things right now.

here a screen =)

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 05:12:07 AM »

Watched the trailer, looks good .. kindof an OOTW vibe from it.
shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

Watched the trailer, looks good .. kindof an OOTW vibe from it.

=)
thanks.

we're aiming to release the game on the second october week. hopefully we'll make it.

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »

ekun
Level 1

caffeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »

As a huge fan of the original Loom, I look forward to this project!

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

Can't wait.

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »

in the next 10 days.
i'm implenting all the sounds and music right now.
fixing bugs, and still trying to build a save/load function into the engine.

but it's time to finish this one.  Toast Left

got to talk to some press next week. i owe some chris a thanks and all.

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 01:23:37 PM »

everything coming together. only a few things to do till the release.
i gave the game to several people to playtest it. the playtime is aprox. 30 min. which is great, since it won't have a save function. I really am proud of this, since it's my first game.
sure there are a lot of things that didn't make it into the game. I won't tell, you'll see for yourself. But it's actually such a huge project, it's too much for just 2 people to work on occasionly. Especially with none of us having experience in game making.

so after blowing it up (it was supposed to be just a proof of concept) I am bringing it to a respectful end, closing the ties and leaving it be as it is.

I hope you'll all play it and see for yourself. It's definitly worth it! Next weekend!

the final game-menu

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »

Olav & the Lute is now released!

Olav & the Lute is as of now released for free on www.olavandthelute.com for download (win) or browser play. A playthrough is roughly 30 minutes long. I’ll be glad if you’ll take a look at it.

more information and press material is available under
www.shellyalon.net/press and
www.shellyalon.net/oatl
It’s mine – and our – first experience in game development. What started as a mere proof of concept evolved and got bigger and greater. Olav & the Lute is a great project we now brought to an end. Though it lacks many things it is hopefully worth the play.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »

Olav & the Lute is as of now released for free on www.olavandthelute.com for download (win) or browser play. A playthrough is roughly 30 minutes long. I’ll be glad if you’ll take a look at it.

www.shellyalon.net/oatl
It’s mine – and our – first experience in game development. What started as a mere proof of concept evolved and got bigger and greater. Olav & the Lute is a great project we now brought to an end. Though it lacks many things it is hopefully worth the play.

BRAVO!

Congratulations  My Word!

ekun
Level 1

caffeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:51 AM »

www.shellyalon.net/oatl

I just finished playing through, and I really liked it. I'm a huge fan of old point n clicks, monkey island and loom were both childhood favorites. I'm not quite sure what to make of the ending or the story at all really, but the interactions between the characters were fun.

I look forward to seeing your guys's future games, especially if you make another adventure point and click.  Beer!

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2013, 05:08:59 PM »

Congrats on finishing the game!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »

Downloading at the speed of light 200kb/sec. Crappy internet... Luckily it's only 80mb! Congrats on completing the game Coffee

How does it feel? Smiley
shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »

Downloading at the speed of light 200kb/sec. Crappy internet... Luckily it's only 80mb! Congrats on completing the game Coffee

How does it feel? Smiley

Good! Really good. Truth is I'm happy it is over with. Stop! Don't get me wrong, I love the game and it was real fun to work on it and I could work more! A lot more. And thats the problem. Olav & the Lute started as a mere Proof of Concept and we continued to add tings into it, blindly. After half a yers work on this, our - mine - very fizst game, I had to decide, that it is time to finish. I could work aothhr 2 years on that, it's a great concept and the mechanics works great. So as a proof of concept it succeded. But because of us blindy without an overall concept addind more and more to e game - it lacks a lot. Because still a lot of things didnt get in.

So if you play it and miss like a dialog system, more interactions oder a better pathing system: I know. It's far from perfect. But it's a finished game, our first. And i am really really proud of it. Smiley Some sites wrote about it (thanks!) and some maybe will, almost 300 people played it which is far more than i expected. 

So all on all, I'm very pleased. Happy. And very excited to continue with the next project. A little smaller, but greater Smiley

So this was my little post mortem. Thank you very much Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic