Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1057092 Posts in 42936 Topics- by 34883 Members - Latest Member: PTlGhOsT

October 24, 2014, 09:33:15 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPAX Prime 2013
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PAX Prime 2013  (Read 869 times)
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:19 AM »

So who's all going to PAX Prime this year?

(note: if you haven't registered yet, do so *immediately* as badges sell out insanely fast)

~tom | kRYSTLR
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:06:54 AM »

Tix are already sold out. (four day passes)

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »

I had to get four one day passes myself.

I refreshed the registration page maybe 2 minutes after they tweeted that it had gone live, and they were sold out of 4 day passes. Makes me wonder how many of these passes there really are.

Remember when 3-day passes were available at the door and cost like $30?

~tom | kRYSTLR
ThemsAllTook
Level 10

Alex Diener

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »

Tix are already sold out. (four day passes)

Drat. I'd been thinking about going, but I guess I missed my chance now. Ah well, probably couldn't have afforded it this year...maybe next time!
sandcrab
Level 0

Buzzing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:12 AM »

How do we get in on one of those indie developer team-up exhibitor deals? Smiley

Chris Pavia
Level 10

teknobabel42 aquamanscg
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »

How do we get in on one of those indie developer team-up exhibitor deals? Smiley

Kelly Wallick is in charge of the Indie Megabooth, but i think most people just hook up with someone else who already has a space in it. If you are able to get in, I highly recommend it.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

Managed to snag a few Monday tickets. I'll be coming for the last day at least. The speed with which this thing sells out is getting a little ridiculous. I had thought boosting the price on the passes and implementing PAX East would tone down the demand a bit. That sure didn't happen. I was lucky I happened to check Joystiq in the middle of the day, or I would have never known to jump in the queue. I think the show sold out completely in just around three hours this year.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:26 AM »

I managed to snag a few badges for Monday also. This will be my first PAX, I'm pretty psyched!

Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »

If you play LOTS OF MONEY for the PAX Dev pre-conference, it includes attendance at the main conference. Those tix are not on sale yet. But they won't run out so quickly. FYI
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:06:37 PM by Musenik » Logged

ThemsAllTook
Level 10

Alex Diener

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »

Those tix are not on sale yet.

Aren't they? I just checked and it looks like you can buy them: http://www.showclix.com/event/3752843

Bah. So tempting, but the federal government just took all my money. Sad
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:55:06 AM »

And it looks like that does NOT include PAX prime entrance. Bummer. I thought it did in previous PAX devs. Maybe that was only for speakers.

Therefore, submit speaker proposals!

http://devpanels.paxsite.com/

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:49 AM »

And it looks like that does NOT include PAX prime entrance. Bummer.

Bummer is right. Don't get my hopes up like that! I would have loved to go to PAX Dev, but I couldn't justify it when I knew I was only going to be attending the last day of the show proper. (I would have been spending three days in Seattle unable to go to the rest of the show, sigh)

My current plans are to fly up sometime on Sunday, do a little sightseeing, and go to the last day of the show bright and early on Monday. Probably hang around for another day of tourism on Tuesday. I'm talking to some of the guys I'll be going with, and trying to come to a decision on scheduling so I can book a hotel room as early as possible.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic