Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:26:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogslifeless: ECHRO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: lifeless: ECHRO  (Read 16332 times)
EaglEye
Level 0

Belgian Gamer and Youtuber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »

Just like allot of other people, I also played your Alpha build and I love it. What I also however do is look at allot of indie games still in development and make an informative (and mostly entertaining) First look for my youtube channel.

Your game intrigued me, so I also made one for Lifeless ECHRO.

I will be looking at allot of other indie games still in development here and will do the same for all the ones that are decently playable so far. I hope you enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the final game. Smiley

Indie youtuber looking at new and upcoming Indie games. Being informative and entertaining at the same time
MY YOUTUBE - MY WEBSITE
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2013, 01:00:07 PM »

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »

Damn flying boss...  Cry

Looks great!
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »

Oh yeah sweet release. (redesigned and re-arted because people stole my idea (not really but ffs))

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2013, 03:22:54 AM »

Updated page and did some pr stuff.

Sc00bz
Level 0

I dream pixels

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »

Can't wait to play this.
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »

Done.

http://lifelessechro.com/

i'll leave the internet until i'm fit for it.

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »

Downloading now! So excited!

poe
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »

Wasn't this game supposed to be a platformer? dum
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »

Wasn't this game supposed to be a platformer? dum

-snip-

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »

Done.

http://lifelessechro.com/

i'll leave the internet until i'm fit for it.
Hard game Smiley

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »

It's hard, it looks like it's changed a lot from the original platformer concept?

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »

platformers suck

poe
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »

platformers suck
    -Cellusious Noir
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2013, 05:02:32 PM »

After being bullied all my life, i just stopped caring about myself, and became an artist to fill the space instead.
ECHRO.
Making the base of a game was the biggest chore when i was younger. But, when i came to the fun part.
Adding content, i smiled brighter than the sun. That's what ECHRO is about.

The Game is done, now i just want to add as much items, trinkets, shops, enemies, references as i can.
aww. poor lil guy, no wonder you have an ego about art.

I LIKE THE GAME. A quakeesque top down arena stabber is a really cool idea. I LOVE the feeling of kinetic force as you bounce around enemies, it's fuckin great. XXXX*BRUTAL PACHINKO HELL*XXX. Tile types that effect your movement could be really fun, or wall types you can bounce off of, etc.

In its current state it feels excessively unbalanced -- get a couple of lion of the north, and you're godlike, otherwise piddle around and struggle.

I'd obviously like to see more enemy variety -- i think less enemies, with a wider range of how they approach you and deal damage -- would make your limited moveset really shine. It also took me a while to get into the rhythm of managing my separate attack/parry timers -- i didn't actually notice they were separate cooldowns until several minutes in.

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »

After being bullied all my life, i just stopped caring about myself, and became an artist to fill the space instead.
ECHRO.
Making the base of a game was the biggest chore when i was younger. But, when i came to the fun part.
Adding content, i smiled brighter than the sun. That's what ECHRO is about.

The Game is done, now i just want to add as much items, trinkets, shops, enemies, references as i can.
aww. poor lil guy, no wonder you have an ego about art.

I LIKE THE GAME. A quakeesque top down arena stabber is a really cool idea. I LOVE the feeling of kinetic force as you bounce around enemies, it's fuckin great. XXXX*BRUTAL PACHINKO HELL*XXX. Tile types that effect your movement could be really fun, or wall types you can bounce off of, etc.

In its current state it feels excessively unbalanced -- get a couple of lion of the north, and you're godlike, otherwise piddle around and struggle.

I'd obviously like to see more enemy variety -- i think less enemies, with a wider range of how they approach you and deal damage -- would make your limited moveset really shine. It also took me a while to get into the rhythm of managing my separate attack/parry timers -- i didn't actually notice they were separate cooldowns until several minutes in.

i got no ego and got no attachment to my art other than it being a safe zone.. I just put as much effort into the responses as those who "critique"

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »

i got no ego and got no attachment to my art other than it being a safe zone..

that's what i mean dude, i'm not digging at you, that kind of stance on art is perfectly healthy but can create a lot of friction with artists who don't share that same mentality.

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »

I actually had a lot of fun with this game, if it gets some more trinkets and items it has great potential. My only suggestion would be to add some variety to the maps as well. I do agree with Catguy that the "Lion of the North" is a bit OP.

All in and all though I'm excited to see where this goes Cell keep it up!

Also it can create an intense feeling of being surrounded at times, and that is a wonderful thing.

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2013, 05:08:13 AM »

yea

thanks

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »

yay

http://indiestatik.com/2013/07/18/lifeless-echro/

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/18/4534740/echro-one-lets-you-battle-hedgehogs-in-underground-caverns

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic