Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:25:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookEversion (CPB #39) [C'EST FINI] [THAT MEANS [FINISHED] IN FRENCH]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Eversion (CPB #39) [C'EST FINI] [THAT MEANS [FINISHED] IN FRENCH]  (Read 100961 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »

So, I kinda ended up with a 177MB log  WTF. You might want to check that too.

Also, stuck on level 7. need moar gem.
Evil-Ville
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »

I am stuck at level 4-5. The hitboxes on these black hands are retarded. Otherwise the game is alright

Edit: I beat the game. Ending was good. Autoscrolling and precision jumping sucks. Do you get anything for collecting the gems?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:56:01 PM by Evil-Ville » Logged
Cait
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »

Getting all of the gems allows you to achieve the true ending (which is definitely worth the trouble).
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 04:52:31 AM »

I really enjoyed this. Didn't get the good ending though. The pixel-perfect jumping through holes above your head was really annoying, though. Also, it's very hard to work out the extent of the black hands' hitboxes.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 06:59:24 AM »

Awesome game! Grin

I'm stuck on 4-5 too. Any hints? Also, my computer's speaker was beeping madly at this level. I'm sending you the log file. Actually, that was the computer overheating WTF

And why the hell do we have to play from the first level every time we load? That's mean Undecided
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:31:36 AM by Kao » Logged
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »

You don't. You can use the up and down keys to pick the world at the start screen.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

Aah. Smiley

You may want to make that clearer to the player.
scytos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »

Very fun. I really liked the change of environments and how it affected the gameplay, especially the music change. The later environments are very creepy in a non-scary way, I like them a lot. So far I've finished it without getting all the gems, I might get them all later. Great job. Beer!

My only criticisms are that level 4 was very frustrating compared to the first three levels, and I also got the giant log problem.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008, 01:23:13 PM »

Got the true ending  Cool.

Last level was a  Angry though. SPOILER.

Definitively the hardest and most unfair was SPOILER.
Vegetable
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »

I love this game up until the last level, where it suddenly got I-Wanna-Be-The-Guy-type hard. Not so fun. Everything else was fantastic, and this is definitely my favorite entry.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »

I love this game up until the last level, where it suddenly got I-Wanna-Be-The-Guy-type hard. Not so fun. Everything else was fantastic, and this is definitely my favorite entry.
This has nothing on IWBTG. Just sayin'. But I do agree the last level is actually pretty damn hard. I say tune down the deathly spikes and hands of doom.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »

Heheh, this game is awesome.  The differences throughout the different levels were well-done.
I loved the very last level.  The second-last was interesting too (with the puzzles that used the full gamut of eversion), but kind of a pain to trek back and forth.  Also, if you died and reappeared halfway through the level on an early depth, it was impossible to get back deep (one of the spots required standing on a bush and getting through a block which isn't breakable at that point).

I disagree that the eversion spots need a visual cue for location.  I think that the slight color change and music leaking through (which was the whole premise here) do just fine.

There were some tricky bits, and some seemingly unfair (like trying to jump up through the one-square holes atbits the end of the second auto-scroller, or jump neatly between hands), but I really enjoyed it overall.

...And I laughed at the secret ending.  Did NOT see that coming.
increpare
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »

Okay.  Just gave it a proper run tonight, the newer version.  No crashes, much fun.  Stuck in the middle of the game still...
Vegetable
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »

This has nothing on IWBTG. Just sayin'. But I do agree the last level is actually pretty damn hard. I say tune down the deathly spikes and hands of doom.

Which was my point: Having to run through a level several times because of instant-kill obstacles popping up immediately with almost no reaction time is just not fun; it's a time waster, and IWBTG was filled with that.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

Which was my point: Having to run through a level several times because of instant-kill obstacles popping up immediately with almost no reaction time is just not fun; it's a time waster, and IWBTG was filled with that.

AND YOU PEOPLE LOVED IT

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »

AND YOU PEOPLE LOVED IT
BECAUSE THAT WAS IT'S PURPOSE. BUT NOT EVERSION'S.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »

Evil

(eyes of skull has a secret)

increpare
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 10:00:52 AM »

anyone else think that water/lava/whathaveyou could be given a lot of oomph were it animated? (possibly drawn in the foreground)
David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 10:35:48 AM »

I just finally tried this out and got totally absorbed. I love the "eversion" mechanic, especially in the seventh world where you've got the whole range to play with. I was trying to get every gem before continuing, so I haven't yet played the eighth world, but I'm looking forward to finishing it soon. Great work here!

(P.S. The log spam on the SPOILER was crazy; I noticed that the game was starting to get reeeeally choppy and saw that my log file was almost 200 MB and apparently being reopened for write on every operation. Deleting the log file clears it right up, of course, but still.)

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »

I just finally tried this out and got totally absorbed. I love the "eversion" mechanic, especially in the seventh world where you've got the whole range to play with. I was trying to get every gem before continuing, so I haven't yet played the eighth world, but I'm looking forward to finishing it soon. Great work here!

(P.S. The log spam on the SPOILER was crazy; I noticed that the game was starting to get reeeeally choppy and saw that my log file was almost 200 MB and apparently being reopened for write on every operation. Deleting the log file clears it right up, of course, but still.)
SPOILERIFIC PROTIP (for dphrygian)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic