Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1038151 Posts in 41950 Topics- by 33562 Members - Latest Member: nought

September 01, 2014, 05:50:32 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPoquarium - Aquarium Simulation - For Android Devices
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Poquarium - Aquarium Simulation - For Android Devices  (Read 772 times)
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:07:04 AM »

Have you ever wanted your own aquarium?  Poquarium is a virtual aquarium simulation that lets you experience what its like to own a real aquarium.

Poquarium is a real-time aquarium simulation.
Poquarium is based on reality, not fantasy.
Poquarium is not a fast-paced simulation. For example, a newborn guppy fish takes ninety real-life days to grow into a mature adult capable of reproducing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking care of your aquariums daily is important in the success of your aquariums.
Feed fish
Raise fish
Breed fish
Move fish between aquariums
Check on the health of your fish
Remove dead fish
Sell fish for profit
Check the water quality of your aquariums
Make sure your aquariums are not overpopulated
Grow plants
Get larger aquariums
Upgrade each aquarium's equipment
Customize the look of your aquariums
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit the Shop to purchase new fish, upgrades, and customizations with gold coins.
Earn 500 gold coins each day with Poquarium.
  Earn 250 gold coins each day with Poquarium Lite.( the free version of Poquarium )
Earn gold coins from achieving success with your aquariums
Earn gold coins by selling fish
You can also purchase gold coins for real currency
You start Poquarium with:
a five-gallon aquarium
two live plants
a pregnant guppy
6,000 gold coins
Expect updates with improvements, new features, and new shop inventory.
Look forward to upcoming new graphics by Brent Anderson of http://www.dumbmanex.com/
I look forward to updating Poquarium through my plans and your feedback.
Thank you for your support, I hope you enjoy your new aquariums!
Profits will go towards improving Poquarium and Poquarium Lite!
To give Poquarium a try before you buy it, look for Poquarium Lite. It is the exact same in all aspects except how many gold coins you earn per day.
Visit www.poquarium.com for the latest news and guides on Poquarium.
You can find Poquarium on the Google Play Store on most Android devices.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:44:37 PM by Valignus » Logged
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 01:17:37 AM »

You can:
1.  have up to ten aquariums
2.  upgrade your aquariums to 10 or 20 gallon aquariums
3.  change the color of the gravel in your aquarium
4.  purchase plants from the Shop to increase the maximum fish capacity of your aquariums; plants grow over time
5.  zoom in and out on your aquariums to see things up close
6.  navigate around in your zoomed in aquarium
7.  view important information about your aquariums
8.  breed your fish
9.  raise your fish or sell them
10.  fish grow from fry into adults capable of reproducing
11.  select a fish and view important information about that fish
12.  move fish from one aquarium to another
13.  view details of every obtainable fish specie in the Fish Encyclopedia
14.  view details regarding the care of your aquarium in the Aquarium Guide
15.  feed fish flake food manually; drop in a time-release wafer to automatically feed your fish while you're away, be careful because these wafers deteriorate your water quality and can last up to seven days; or you can purchase the Auto-Feeder equipment and let it automatically feed your fish the proper amount of food every hour if they are hungry, this only works if you have enough Auto-Feeder fish food
16.  visit the Shop to purchase goods for Gold Coins you have earned, and even purchase Gold coins for real cash if you want to speed up your progress;  you can earn up to 200 gold coins every day, and you can even earn gold coins from achieving certain goals
17.  view a summary of your achievements
18.  Look forward to new features, improvements, and new content in the shop!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 01:30:34 AM by Valignus » Logged
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:20:43 AM »

You can contact support by going to http://www.poquarium.com/support and filling out the contact form.

You can contact support directly by emailing:     support (at) poquarium (dot) com
r0ber7
Level 2

Inspired by pixels.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »

This is a cool idea, I like it.

Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »

Thank you r0ber7 !

With Poquarium I wanted to take a step back from the fast-paced action-packed games and give something that was calm and relaxing.  I wanted to give something that you work with over a longer period of time to achieve results, like a real aquarium.  The more care you provide Poquarium the better the results will be.  I want Poquarium to reflect real-life aquariums and I have plans to integrate more life-like simulations of that.  Eventually this will be an educational experience, and will be a great learning tool for anyone interested in the aquarium hobby or people who just like to learn and experience things.

Any feedback is much appreciated!  Thank you.
r0ber7
Level 2

Inspired by pixels.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:11:49 AM »

I would try to spice up the graphics. Make it look calm and cool too. I don't have an Android device so I can't test it, but I appreciate the move away from fast-paced action. Making it realtime,  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »

Improving the graphics is one of my priorities.  I just started working with a talented pixel artist a couple days ago.  If all goes well, the graphics will be getting updated one at a time.
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »

I just released a free download version of Poquarium, its called Poquarium Lite.
The only difference between the standard and free version is the amount of gold coins you earn daily.

Standard Version: 500 gold coins daily
Free Version: 250 gold coins daily

There are still other ways to earn gold coins that are the same across versions.
1.  Selling fish
2.  Achievement rewards
3.  Purchasing gold coins from the shop
r0ber7
Level 2

Inspired by pixels.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 03:04:16 PM »

I just released a free download version of Poquarium, its called Poquarium Lite.
The only difference between the standard and free version is the amount of gold coins you earn daily.

Standard Version: 500 gold coins daily
Free Version: 250 gold coins daily

There are still other ways to earn gold coins that are the same across versions.
1.  Selling fish
2.  Achievement rewards
3.  Purchasing gold coins from the shop

I'll install it on my girlfriend's Android. Tongue

Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »

Poquarium has gone through thirteen updates since it was released.

Each update brings either bug fixes, improved features, new features, or new graphics!
r0ber7
Level 2

Inspired by pixels.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 02:42:41 AM »

Poquarium has gone through thirteen updates since it was released.

Each update brings either bug fixes, improved features, new features, or new graphics!

Nice! It's definitely improved since I last checked this site. I wish I could say the same for my game, but I will be releasing a playable demo today/ tomorrow. If you like you can check the devlog tomorrow and give it a go. Smiley

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »

I wolud very much like to see real depictions of fish, instead of pixelized, but I can accept your reasoning.

Yeah.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic