Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 04:59:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting"Grandpa"; Point and click adventure game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Grandpa"; Point and click adventure game  (Read 2250 times)
h4di
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:11:18 PM »

"Grandpa" is a short point and click adventure game with cartoon-style graphics.
It's about a ghost trying to scare an old man on Halloween night.
I used Visionaire game engine to build it.
Hope you enjoy the game.

DOWNLOAD
And please fill out this form and give me your opinion.
FORM

Hadi GhasemZadeh
www.visionfall.com
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:59 PM »

That was really cute!

Engine was a bit rough, but I liked the real time aspects of being able to see the whole house at once. The cursor kept changing back to "use" every time I examined something. Since examining inventory items doesn't do anything, I was a little annoyed at having to switch back to "use" whenever I wanted to select one.

I liked the puzzle, a few steps were a little iffy. I thought it would make more sense if you wet the bed before turning the lights on, so he notices the wetness when he wakes up. I can mentally justify either way working, but the game only recognizes one. And I was stumped for a brief time since the game didn't even acknowledge what I was trying to do when I tried putting the jack-o-lantern in the window before turning on the lights. If the game were a little longer, I would have started getting annoyed at repeating the setup steps (refilling the glass, turning off the hot water/lights) multiple times. It also didn't make much sense that he doesn't react to the screaming alone without the creepy face.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic