Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:57:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMelady Antres
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Melady Antres  (Read 3841 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »

While developing Hiversaires, I filled a notebook of ideas I would try at a later time. Some ideas are risky but I learnt from this previous development that I could take these risks and still make an interesting project.

In this new textless adventure, I would like to play with time and pace the game on the actual time of day. And so Melady Antres, will require you to synchronize yourself with the game NPCs schedules, and to be up at different time of the day to complete different tasks. This new textless experimental game is about growing strange flowers on the ocean surface. Everyday new things will have grown that you can use to progress on this small planet.

The project should be available on july 1st, will feature a complete soundtrack by Aliceffekt. You can stay up to date with the Facebook Page. I will be updating this tread daily.

Beer!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:44:18 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »

excellent, devine/david/aliceffekt !

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:47:33 PM »

Is it iOS only again? Beg

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:54:20 AM »

Actually, Hiversaires will be released on Android soon.
But I doubt this game will be ported, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:52:09 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:39:03 PM »

I have built a basic greybox version of the game to test the flow, but I am still unsure how to test a real-time based flow efficiently. I also started trimming off the fat from my initial concepts. Below is my itinerary for the next few weeks, very similar to the Hiversaires development style:

Week 1: April 29th   Game Design   Planning & world design
Week2: May 6th   Game Development   Engine and tools design
Week3: May 13th   Game Development   Puzzle Development
Week4: May 20th   Visual Design   World Art
Week5: May 27th   Audio Design   Ambient and Soundtrack
Week6: June 3rd   Promotion   Promo Website & Art
Week7: June 10th   Testing   Private Testing and bug fixing
Week8: June 17th   Testing   Private Testing and bug fixing
Week9: June 24th   Release   Public Builds

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »

I wrote the first draft of the game design today. From A to Z.

I have a few doubts about the reception of the project, but I am so excited to develop this game. It has many ideas that I left aside from Hiversaires that have patiently waited until I was ready to put them to good use. The prototype plays well. I think the game will have about 24 items to interact with the game world. I have designed the game so it can be completed in a single day, but in most cases will take a few days to fully understand and synchronize with the universe.

XXIIVV

etodd
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »

I just like looking at all the pretty photos. Durr...?

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 12:50:34 AM »

Here, have another pretty photo !  Noir

I started creating the interfaces for the game and to realize the work involved. I have created mockups for 7 of the 12 puzzles. I would like to have the mockups completed for tomorrow so I can show most of the areas at the Picotachi Event.

This photo shows one of the interfaces called the Salamantre or the "Interplanetary Harpoon", allowing the player to move from one planet to another.

XXIIVV

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 01:15:23 PM »

Love that interface! Smiley
Conker534
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »

Very sexy.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »

that interface looks crazy good, love it!!  Kiss

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 09:46:02 PM »

Recorded a small video last night at Picotachi.

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 02:28:27 AM »

Working on better assets

XXIIVV

_discovery
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »

Stunning.

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:07 PM »

I've been working I swear  Crazy

Here is a small video that shows what the game is about.

XXIIVV

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic