Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:51:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSojourn early alpha test version
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sojourn early alpha test version  (Read 1972 times)
Rube
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 04:20:48 AM »

I'm posting an early alpha version of my game for some feedback on tech stuff. Whether you can get it to run, what error messages or crashes you get if you can't, what framerate you get with what hardware, etc.

I don't know what the minimum specs would be, but I'm running the game on Windows 7 64, with an i5 2500k, 4gb of ram and an old HD4890. I get about 100-200fps but that's somewhat variable as the random dungeon generator can throw curveballs, framerate-wise.

There's not much of a game right now, you can run around and kill skeletons in randomly generated levels. I'll just put that up as a warning to anyone wanting to test a more complete game. I wouldn't say no to harsh criticism on how the game controls, but a lot of the animations are terrible placeholders!

The controls are explain in "controls.txt". The game executable is "/bin/Release/Sojourn.exe".

The game needs Python installed, and also probably the PhysX system software (although I'd appreciate it if someone without PhysX installed could test the game without it to be sure, I've had problems testing that myself). Installers for both are included with the game.

There's a video of the game running

, to compare to if you're not sure if something you spotted is normal or not. Or you can just ask!

Game download is here!

Thank you!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic