Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:07:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEastward Quest
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Print
Author Topic: Eastward Quest  (Read 57534 times)
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »

Finished all enemy animations. Now just need to add sounds and music (they're all done, just need to put them in).

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »

I know it's a bit late to ask , but you should really put how much a monster can hit ontop of the player , as it makes planning more precise ... as you can plan what monsters you kill and plan and avoid death ...

also ,

Mummies should be alone on their row , so you can avoid overlapping monsters
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, Whiteclaws.

Sounds added! About to record the release trailer, yay!

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2013, 03:29:43 PM »

It's pretty much finished. I'll leave this at 90% until release, as I'm still considering release options.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »

Congrats, I'll keep an eye out for the release. This has to be one of the quickest games developed here..

framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »

It's been a pleasure to watch this game grow from its humble beginnings. I was wondering how strategy would play out in this game, it seems like whenever the player confronts an enemy, there is a significant loss of life, regardless of whether or not the player kills the enemy. Have you considered the possibility of defensive items that would guard the player against losing life like a shield or armor upgrades? If this seems silly, please disregard.

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: July 06, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »

Decided to catch up on this thread and WOW it's already done! That was fast, I am very excited for the release Hand Thumbs Up Left

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2013, 08:33:51 AM »

oooh ahhh what?

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »

oooh ahhh what?

that's my doings, I showed a few games that I found here on a local game show. And on that macbook I flipped though a couple of games including Eastward Quest. I really can recommend to anyone to do such a thing, pirate cart a game event, or anything loosely related, to show off those obscure indie game you love so much.

Just make sure you don't have a cold and don't forget your own camera at home…

Next show will be in november and I'll get more PCs and space for the games I select :D

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »

oooh ahhh what?

that's my doings, I showed a few games that I found here on a local game show. And on that macbook I flipped though a couple of games including Eastward Quest. I really can recommend to anyone to do such a thing, pirate cart a game event, or anything loosely related, to show off those obscure indie game you love so much.

Just make sure you don't have a cold and don't forget your own camera at home…

Next show will be in november and I'll get more PCs and space for the games I select :D
ooooo awesome that's really cool.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: July 24, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »

Cool, thanks ananasblau!  Smiley

I'm gonna use this opportunity to update you guys on the state of the game's release.

I've been trying to get a flash portal sponsorship through FGL, but the offers are very low. The bidding ends today and the best offer is $300 for a web sponsorship (I'm not selling rights to the game, only rights to put a sponsor splash screen on it and to host it exclusively for a couple weeks). It's not a great offer and I don't know if I'll take it.

Regardless of whether I take the sponsorship offer or not, there's the possibility of self-publishing Android and iOS versions, as well as Ouya (with the help of mush!). But those would take some work and I have little understanding of how to monetize them. Ads suck, but I don't think many people would buy this game.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:14:25 AM by AD1337 » Logged

Swifty
Level 2

Must Keep Walking.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 24, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »

Cool, thanks ananasblau!  Smiley

I'm gonna use this opportunity to update you guys on the state of the game's release.

I've been trying to get a flash portal sponsorship through FGL, but the offers are very low. The bidding ends today and the best offer is $300 for a web sponsorship (I'm not selling rights to the game, only rights to put a sponsor splash screen on it and to host it exclusively for a couple weeks). It's not a great offer and I don't know if I'll take it.

Regardless of whether I take the sponsorship offer or not, there's the possibility of self-publishing Android and iOS versions, as well as Ouya (with the help of mush!). But those would take some work and I have little understanding of how to monetize them. Ads suck, but I don't think many people would buy this game.
Hey AD1337, thanks for the update I've been rather curious how this has been going. I have to say that 300 really isn't that much Sad I've had html5 sponsorships for a couple of  my games go for around $500-$600. And I can honestly say their quality probably isn't as good as this. It is however, some money, and if you're not giving away the rights then I'd say go for it. It'll give you time to do the ios/droid exports, which I really think you should, this games perfect for mobile!

As for ads, yeah they suck, but for this kind of setup I'd say they're needed. Just have them on splash screens between levels and don't make them too obtrusive and you should be fine. One good method if you don't think people would outright pay for it is have an 'upgrade to an add-free version' for a doller or whatever.

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2013, 01:01:19 AM »

I got introduced of your game from IndieGames.com. After spending hours on the game I think it's really fun and in the right direction, especially if you want to target mobile platforms. As a cute indie game app I believe many people will pay some money (like $0.99, $2.99) for it, but free-to-play and monetization may destroy it. No No NO

P.S. I like the Volcano level most. Well done!

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2013, 07:17:19 AM »

Thanks, clewcat.

Indeed there was apparently a post on IndieGames.com. The sponsored web version is out here.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »

Amazing Work  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Brayzen
Level 0

@CurveballGames - Unity developer, hobbyist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »

Very nice, glad to finally play it! Like the variation in levels and the music the most!

Took me a few levels to realise I wasn't carrying over my life bar and XP mind. I personally would have preferred it to carry over and for the enemies to scale accordingly, but that would've added at least another few weeks on to development time.

Overall though, enjoyed it Smiley hopefully it makes a bit of money - no matter how small, it's some appreciation of the work you put in.

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2013, 09:04:47 AM »

Congratulations
keep mak gams

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2013, 01:18:34 AM »

another press article about EQ, on indiestatik: http://indiestatik.com/2013/08/20/eastward-quest-is-non-stop-creature-slicing-to-the-right-hand-side/

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »

Cool, thanks for the link!

Dawmino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »

I like the premise. Addictive by the looks of things.
Improvements could be made, however.
Double the resolution of the graphics (you won't have to use black outlines to differentiate shapes then), decorate the UI to be more fitting with the theme (instead of boring bars and rectangles), and maybe put more time into the animation. I know it's just a simple short project for you, but if you ever want to revisit it and flesh it out more, you can keep this in mind.

Is this for Android or iOS? I'd definitely play it on my android phone.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic