Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:27:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPixore
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixore  (Read 2304 times)
pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »

Hey TIGSource community!
I'm just announce that I'm working on a game right now with the name Pixore!

It's a 2D platformer shooter! You play a guy named: Pixore! He's a news reporter and a farm outside his city tests illegal with dark matter! There are monsters everywhere and Pixore try to save the city! He grab his camera and a weapon. Now the adventure begins!

Well here is a screenshot .. Note: I'm a programmer and my (hobby) pixel-art is not good! It's more like a concept art!

1. How this looks like for you? Cool or not cool?
2. What feel you, when you look at the picture?

Is this character good? I want that the character in the game, looks simple!
1. Do you want to play as this character?
2. How the character looks to you?
3. What are you going to change if you could change something!

Any other feedback here is welcome! I'm open!

The game will be programmed with/in XNA/C#! I work with Photoshop CS2 for the textures! I'm only the programmer and not a designer! For questions: ASK ME! I'm open for any question! I learn pixel-art right now!

Cheers!
-M
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:23:17 PM by [pl1x] » Logged

\"At the end of the day, having a great game. That\'s all that matters!\" - Emil Pagliarulo
Hendrix06
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »

I like the simplistic design of the character but the style clashes somewhat with the terrain. Would need to see more than just grass/ground but the more detailed pixel style goes against the clean silhouette of the character.

Is this charakter good? I want that the charakter in the game, looks simple!

1. Yes I would want to play as this character most likely to know more about them. He/she looks old and hunched over almost.

2. Character looks good, clean and simple

3. Not much to say yet on what to change besides maybe color scheme. An interesting idea could be different colors that the character can turn/become depending on the mood/setting.

edit: I see you already switched out the screenshot since the once with the terrain is no longer there. The new style is already an improvement imo and goes with the style of the character.

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »

I've changed a lot when you written this! This screenshot now and worked a bit on the character!

Thanks for your feedback so far! I want to create a place which looks beautiful and is evil too!

I hope I can improve my pixel-art more and more, because I'm not a pixel-artist! I'm doing pixel-art since 72h! ^o^

- Marcel

//edit: The character is about 20 years old! His job is a news reporter! The place where he live is real. Not real real more like digital real! He is hunched, because .. good question! I like it more when he walk like this! :D

\"At the end of the day, having a great game. That\'s all that matters!\" - Emil Pagliarulo
pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 03:45:10 AM »

I'm uploading a simple demo build with some levels in about a week! Well, it's a prototype (tech test), not a full game!

- Marcel

//edit: Working on a level editor now!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 05:43:07 AM »

Man, your character. First thing he reminds me of is Master Oogway, the turtle from Kung Fu Panda. Dunno if you want him looking so elderly.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:17:23 AM »

Man, your character. First thing he reminds me of is Master Oogway, the turtle from Kung Fu Panda. Dunno if you want him looking so elderly.

Haha, never seen this movie! ^o^ Yes, I want him to look so old! I think it looks much more cooler! I can upload a version where he looks young. It's shit! (:

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 06:25:43 AM »

That is the young version! Like I'm said: CRAP! :D

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

Have a new screen for you ready! Here it is! Want to know what you're think, where the location is!

Hendrix06
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »

Have a new screen for you ready! Here it is! Want to know what you're think, where the location is!

Really digging this new environment. The location looks like, well, some sort of alien world or something to me. Not often you see pink/purple underneath the terrain, but I like it. Keep going in this direction imo.

You also might want to take the hunch out of the young version of the character a bit more because as it stands there isn't too much difference between them (unless you plan more stages in between young/old)

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »

That's a good idea to plan it in two directions! (Young / old)

Yep, it's another planet! The home planet of Pixore! But have no name for him! How about "Morkun"?

Nice that you like it!

mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »

I would like it more if you were using actual pixels and not just large/different-sized rectangles.

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 02:31:45 AM »

I would like it more if you were using actual pixels and not just large/different-sized rectangles.

Hehe, yep, my pixel-art is not so good! I think that is the reason that there are large rectangles! Doing pixel-art since 4 days or something like that! I can try it! Stay tuned.

- Marcel

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »

UPDATE: New screen tomorrow!

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 02:08:41 AM »

You may think the project is dead! But it's not dead! I have a some problems in last time, so stay tuned for the games first playable demo!

eots
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »

Hehe, yep, my pixel-art is not so good!

Thats completely subjective, I think it looks nice. Make sure to animate him as fluid as you possibly can. Even if it's unintentional you have your own style and a strong consistency.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »

Woah. The state of change between your two posts is enormous.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Conker534
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 06:22:21 PM »

pl1x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 12:47:09 AM »

You mean the graphics? Well, I can not draw. It is improved, because I have someone doing the graphics now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic