Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:45:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCOFFEE MAFIA - FREE WEEKEND!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: COFFEE MAFIA - FREE WEEKEND!!  (Read 3504 times)
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »

(i am considering doing a sequel)
Dont.
Leave the game for a while, come back to it when you feel like it (ie when you'd feel like making a sequel) and add another chapter and five new enemy types and more level art or whatever (or add userlevels functionality like N and build a little coffee mafia community around that).
Spend a bit of time making the AI less retarded (them not caring that you just blew the face off the guy next to them feels like a bug if anything).

It doesn't need a sequel as it stands, it needs finishing Smiley

Was pretty fun, very short, and reasonably fresh feeling. If I played it more I'm sure I'd find more holes to pick at, for now I think if you're sick of working on it, leave it for a bit then come back and tighten everything up.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 05:05:26 AM »

yeah i've got a plan for what i'm gonna do with it but i've got lots of games i want/need to make in the meantime so its just gonna sit there for a bit. now its out i dont feel obligated to work on it anymore which is a relief. my next games will be better haha

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 11:18:50 PM »

which is a relief.
Oh man I seriously can't wait for that feeling of freedom again, haha. It's been more than two years straight on KAG now. Sorry if the above seemed grumpy fwiw, I just think it'd be much easier on you and better for the game and community in general to spend time polishing this, which feels somewhere in between prototype and "done" rather than rebuilding a bunch of stuff from scratch as is implied by "sequel".

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:22:54 AM »

ah no i appreciate the feedback, and you are totally right.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 07:43:59 AM »

UPDATE: I am doing a FREE WEEKEND this WEEKEND. Play COFFEE MAFIA for FREE this WEEKEND here! www.jmickle.com/coffeemafia

enjoy! tell everyone!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic