Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:47:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCloudface
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66
Print
Author Topic: Cloudface  (Read 188488 times)
TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1140 on: September 16, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »

Well at least you got some detailed feedback! I believe that someday cloudface will be a 100% guaranteed success

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: September 16, 2014, 03:49:59 PM »

Some really impressive animations here.  Sorry about indiecade, but keep up the great work!

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1142 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »

Yes I basically paid $80 for some good feedback.

I don't think I'll enter it again. Probably won't enter it in anything with entry fees. Lesson learned.
While it's great to have gotten some feedback, it's a damn shame you had to pay for it.

Keep up the good work though, the best looking Cloud-like I've seen  My Word!

siskavard
« Reply #1143 on: September 16, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »

thanks ya'll !!!
siskavard
« Reply #1144 on: October 10, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »

hello!

In case it hasn't been obvious from the lack of recent updates, Cloudface is on a bit of a hiatus for the time being.

Up until now I've been happy with it being just a hobby project, working an hour or so here & there on it, but that hour or so here & there is being eaten up by life & career obligations. Also, it's difficult to stay focused on something at such a slow pace.

After we released the pre-alpha build last year, lot's of people uploaded vids of them playing it. We started getting approached by different publishers that were interested in acquiring the game, which was awesome & shocking, to say the least. We ultimately turned all of them down, because they wanted to own it 100% for too small of an amount of money.  However, **A VERY LARGE GAME COMPANY YOU'VE HEARD OF** came to us with a funding deal, so long as the game passed through multiple levels of approval through their rigorous green lighting process.

That started July last year - - & they just now officially passed on it.

The past year we have been spending around 50% of our time pitching and going back and forth with them, with the hopes of getting the production of the game funded. So in all honestly, most of our 'production time' on the game has really been pitching time. Which really means, no real progression on the game. The cogs of a giant corporation grind slowly, so lesson learned.

The good news is that I'm Canadian, & up here the government throws money at video game production. So I'm going to be looking into funding & finding a way to get the game completed on a full time basis.

That all said, the game is in a great place to pick up and get started again - Craig has built an amazing level editor in Unity & we'd basically just need to hit the ground running.

So that's that. I don't want this game to be another statistic, the classic 'first game syndrome' where you try to make something way to big and eventually give up on it. Well, we did try to make our first game way too big, but I'm far from giving up on it. It just might take a long time to finish it.

TL:DR: Game is on hiatus until someone throws money at us.

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 12, 2014, 03:42:38 AM »

[THROWS MONEY AT THE SCREEN]

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1146 on: October 12, 2014, 06:45:25 AM »

Best of luck. We'll wait

On STEAM ยป
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: October 14, 2014, 11:38:46 PM »

Nooooo 😢. Well you could just make it into a comic strip, feat moonman of course. Smiley

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: October 15, 2014, 12:00:08 AM »

Ahhh thats a shame Sad good luck finding some canadian govenment funds...

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1149 on: October 15, 2014, 12:47:54 AM »

reiterating what i said in my own devlog thread atcha; i like your cloudy guy. best of luck getting this thing off the ground again! shame that the deal fell through.

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 29, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »

How about doing a Kickstarter with more polished demo as an incentive to fund?

I think it would work - most kickstarters I've seen that provided something playable before you invest your money in succeeded.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
siskavard
« Reply #1151 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »

Just a small update for anyone interested

I'll be picking up production on the game again this year, towards the end of it

I started a NEWSLETTER???? so people can stay informed about IMPORTANT FUTURE UPDATES

so sign up for that

that is all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: March 03, 2015, 02:59:37 PM »

Good to hear, will keep an eye out on twitter for it Smiley

siskavard
« Reply #1153 on: March 03, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

thanks

congrats again on the successful kickstarter.

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 04, 2015, 08:12:17 AM »

The good news is that I'm Canadian, & up here the government throws money at video game production. So I'm going to be looking into funding & finding a way to get the game completed on a full time basis.

Was that sarcasm or were you being serious? 'Cause if you were, I'm Canadian too and I want some dough!

That's really awesome that you were approached by a big publisher, it's so great. I might have misunderstood though but if that company provides a funding deal, why do you need funds in the first place? Or is it that you need some funds in order to develop something which would pass through their screening process? Once accepted, they would fund the rest of the game?

siskavard
« Reply #1155 on: March 04, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »

Was that sarcasm or were you being serious? 'Cause if you were, I'm Canadian too and I want some dough!

There are quite a few govt' programs that fund digital media, the big one being the CMF
http://www.cmf-fmc.ca/funding-programs/overview/

The only stipulation is the application process is a job in itself, where most companies hire someone to take care of that for them. The CMF also requires you to have been an incorporated company for at least 2 years (I think)

That's just one of them, if you're savvy enough you can find other, smaller grants to apply for.

That's really awesome that you were approached by a big publisher, it's so great. I might have misunderstood though but if that company provides a funding deal, why do you need funds in the first place?

I think getting paid to work on your dream game is enough reason

Or is it that you need some funds in order to develop something which would pass through their screening process? Once accepted, they would fund the rest of the game?

we had a producer that had to pitch the game to his higher ups, who had to pitch the game to their higher ups, who had to pitch the game to the president of the company. so it was this gauntlet we had to run through that ultimately led to not getting funding after being teased for around a year or so.

I cant speak for Calum or Craig, but I personally was more focused on creating amazing pitch material instead of focusing on the game, which looking back was a huge mistake, one that I wont make again
siskavard
« Reply #1156 on: April 16, 2015, 06:42:55 PM »

coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: April 16, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »

I want moreeeeee

DUSTER - Western Simulator

Tig Blog
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.