Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:09:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookInvisible Armies [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Invisible Armies [FINISHED]  (Read 7756 times)
PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »

201 Planets form'd of invisible matter.

So, my old game has turned into something bigger, which, I believe, will remain in development for a long time. However, I have made a short game nevertheless.

The game uses one of the most promising ideas in the Commonplace book. Basically, it is a top-down shooting game where your enemies are invisible.

There is the link for the game:
Download ME!
And here is a screenshot:

It doesn't show much but... Well, here isn't really much to see.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:35:52 AM by PDF » Logged
Greg
Level 0

has a compass, lost my map

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »

Those tiles look great.  What's that light effect?

A day for firm decisions!!! Or is it?
PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »

Those tiles look great.  What's that light effect?

Nothing much. Just some Game Maker primitives and blend modes put together. Enemies may have it around them; but I think they will be more for atmosphere and items of interest.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:18:03 AM »

The light effect is VERY distracting. Especially in the second pic, I can barely see the tiles, and trying to hurts my eyes.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:08:40 AM »

Ah, a criticism! Thanks for it, I really need your advices/suggestions to make the game look polished!

I have changed the light script; Added the option of intensity and color. Also added some motion blur thing, though you cannot see it in screenshots:

Player casting some special magic. Not really Lovecraftian, but I want the game to be actually fun, since I don't have time to create a second Dark Corners of the Earth. But yeah, you will have to run most of the time.

I believe tiles need some work, yet I don't have enough time for them yet. I also added some enemy AI, yet you would laugh if you see them.

Actually, this is what they are like right now:

They can walk around and find their own way, but don't work really well when they are with their friends.

Of course, the orange aura around the player will be changed to a better-looking color.

I will try to release some kind of a demo this week.
PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »

A game is now completed(though it is not the game I originally wanted to make). See first post for details.
Download Invisible Armies
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »

Interesting game, I got to wave 4 and then I think they stopped coming... but I couldn't really tell, they were invisible after all.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

I think I got stuck. There were plenty of medkits lying around, but I only ran into a single enemy.

PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 12:35:31 AM »

OK, why there was this problem, I still don't know, but it should be fixed now (It had to do with how many enemies were to be sent and how many of them were killed.)Download Patched Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic