Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1036972 Posts in 41880 Topics- by 33491 Members - Latest Member: Sebastian Gosztyla

August 29, 2014, 12:01:36 AM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperCreativeAudioWhat if we started a "Remix Challenge"?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What if we started a "Remix Challenge"?  (Read 768 times)
E-Rock
Level 0

A Robott

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »

I was just thinking about this today while I was standing around at work. I love the music creation challenges we have, and so far as I can see, it has been the best thing that has enhanced this particular "Audio" community on the forum.  It is the reason I originally signed up for the board, and I know it's true of many other people as well. Although I haven't been particularly active in the challenges as of late, I do look them over each and every time, and I listen to as many of the creations as I'm able to, and I certainly do place my vote every time as well.

So what if we had another type of challenge to run along side the Music Creation challenge?  The only thing that comes to mind to me right now would be a Remix Challenge, in which the host would choose a song (or songs maybe?) from a well known game (current, old school, indie or AAA), and everyone would have to try to make a personalized remix of the tune.  Perhaps if multi-tracks are available, we could remix those, otherwise the "contestants" would be charged with kind of figuring out each part on their own, and then creating a unique mix from that. 
That's kind of all I've thought up so far, I just wanted to throw it out there to see what the interest level in doing such a thing would be.  Do you think a challenge of this nature would have the legs that the current music creation challenge has?  Are there any other sort of music/audio related challenges anyone can think of starting? Or are we better off just having the one challenge going at any given time?

I'm just interested in seeing the feedback on this idea. If enough people are on board, we can give it a shot.

The way I see it, the more ways we can come up with to challenge ourselves to be creative, the better for everyone!

Audio Engineer/Songwriter
-Eric
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »

I suggested collabing on a remix album and not necessarily a competition. Just picking a classic game soundtrack and then remix the tracks people want to work on, compile it... voilą!

Lauchsuppe
Level 2

hruabp

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »

Although I'm currently not quite active on the forums and didn't manage to participate in the last challenges, I'd love the idea of a remix album collaboration and would definitely take part in it the following months.
TheLastBanana
Level 8

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »

I would consider entering something like this.

KeepItSimple
Level 0

Classically trained composer and trumpet player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32:54 AM »

[keepingAnEyeOnThis] Blink [/keepingAnEyeOnThis]

Keep it simple.
E-Rock
Level 0

A Robott

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »

A compilation album of Remixes would be a good idea too.  Maybe we should start a thread making the suggestion, and throwing out some ideas of classic pieces that would be ideal for the album.  If that's your idea, Mono, I'm all for it, and think you should run with it for sure.  I've got some old remixes I did of Mega Man and Star Fox, and I really enjoyed putting those together, and would love to have a good excuse to do some more. 

As for the challenge idea, probably not?  I just wanted to throw out the general idea of having multiple kinds of on going challenges, in addition to the one we have going on now.  If there's no interest in starting a different one though, that's alright.

Audio Engineer/Songwriter
-Eric
MA-Simon
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 03:33:36 AM »

I'm in!

There are probably a ton of remixes for Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger & Zelda games out there, but I would totally be up for another round of those.

But, lets not limit our Ideas to classic games.

+ I'm getting a few new Libraries in the next couple of days. They need testing. Hand Any Key

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 03:37:51 AM »

Let's remix the Chrono Cross soundtrack or something that isn't too well known. Smiley

Lauchsuppe
Level 2

hruabp

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »

Maybe we could remix various titles from games by fellow forum members.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic