Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:53:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsK.I.S.A
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: K.I.S.A  (Read 10555 times)
Oracizan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2013, 03:09:28 PM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 04:08:34 PM by Oracizan » Logged

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

I actually really enjoyed that demo, if this became a full game I think it could really be interesting. Good luck

Think happy thoughts.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »

I think the biggest challenge art wise will be to create a world to match the characters, also I enjoy the lighting.
Watching you  Blink  Smiley
Jutaris
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »

Had a go of the demo, It's a neat little project you have here and I'll be curious to see where it goes.

Keep it up!

Conker534
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »

Once I learned I could roll forever, that is just what I did.

Feels good though.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:24:03 AM »

this is interesting for an oldfag like me with memories of games with huge sprites such as sword of sodan and altered beast.
I like this artistic concept, even though it will probably attract you a lot of critiques from more mundane players who won't 'get it'.
It will be interesting to see where you take this.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »

What I was trying to say was that In the lighting gif I saw how much potential the character had, the way the hair and cloth moves is great and works wonders with the dynamic lighting!

But I feel that the scenery should show as much history and work as the character does.
The current infinite tiling background with few assets was a bit of a turnoff for me, you could avoid that by adding borders of wood around the edges of in door areas like The Archer did (Check the devlog) and assets comes in time of course. And then maybe use the lighting to add a fog of war where you can't see on the other sides of doors until you open them.

I'm excited to see future updates
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »

That's what I meant by adding borders to the indoor areas.

And yeah that was actually exactly what I meant by fog of war (earlier messages typed in class, my apologies)
I enjoy the look and feel very much, the physics remind me of an upgraded happy wheels physics sort of game! The characters scare me with their never moving eyes but that would probably be a lot of work to add. I suggest showing your environments in gifs for now on because those screenshots did not capture the glory of how it actually is haha!
I'm really hoping you take advantage of the physics engine too Oracizan Smiley
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »

I feel like borders of any time would only work if say.. the borders were stone and then the tiling brick was still behind it. And of course, if I think of anything else I'll bring it up!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:02:57 AM »

Knights In Satan's Anus
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »

Error creating process <E:\DOCUME~1\lolo\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\KISA.exe>.  Reason: E:\WINDOWS\system32\advpack.dll
doesn't launch
win XP

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »

doesn't launch
win XP
That was for version 4.8. Version 3.2 works great, here is my feedback:
-I love the style and it has a lot of potential for storytelling
-needs more dramatic art though (backgrounds?)
-too much jumping for the king
-slow down the characters, they run too fast and at that size, the fast scrolling is a bit dizzying
-combat is repetitive and I couldn't get the key (and got too bored to restart)

You might want to give more impotrance to the fool related talents in the game, but maybe it's already in your plans

good luck
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:22:44 PM by moi » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »

the key from the bearded guard after escaping the prison

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 03:18:36 AM »

female protagonists are in short supply. good plan.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 02:29:31 PM »

Just played through the whole demo. A few things (Keep in mind that this game ticks a lot of boxes for things I like in a game so I am naturally biased towards liking it):

Pros:
-I like the graphics a lot (aside from a few things), but I am a sucker for winter levels and this game appears to be one big winter level. The mix of the more flat shaded characters with the backgrounds works nicely
-The story is pretty interesting, when it is finished this could be a very memorable game. It has a ton of potential
-When the gameplay/physics works it is pretty interesting, and the stealth component is nice
-The ambient soundtrack fits very well, definitely a good choice

Cons:
-the swinging from the chain barely works. And even then jumping off of it is awkward as all hell, maybe switch the swinging to the l/r arrows?
-movement (especially combat) could be tighter, it just feels too floaty and loose right now. Perhaps speed the limb movement up slightly? Especially the attacks and the pull up animations
-The square snow is kind of weird if you focus on it, but if you are not really paying attention it looks good and enhances the mood
-it can checkpoint right when you have low health and people are coming after you, not the best system

Think happy thoughts.
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 02:59:07 PM »

This looks ridiculously cool. The focus on rolling feels very surreal and unique! Frail female protagonist rolling her way out of everything in life? I'm in love!

Cube and Me Devlog
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »

It triggered on both the ice level (had to turn the difficulty down temperarily so I could beat the boss because I went in with no health) and the level before that (triggered with some people chasing me, I had to do a few tries to outrun them and jump onto a roof before they got me)

Think happy thoughts.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Yeah, I guess I didn't see the potions. I tried several times to beat that boss though with the minimum and it didn't work out.

Think happy thoughts.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic