Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1065871 Posts in 43494 Topics- by 35508 Members - Latest Member: BookFreakMatej

November 23, 2014, 10:41:23 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingPeople - LD26
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: People - LD26  (Read 385 times)
BenW
Level 0

yq713
View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:02:41 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on my Ludumdare 26 entry. I've already gotten a lot of great feedback from the ludumdare community and reddit and now I'm looking to get specific feedback on some of the elements of the game that I don't think got a lot of attention on those sites. I know that the music works well and that the play area could be a bit smaller while keeping the crowd density the same to reduce the play time a bit.

Specifically I'm looking for feedback on the following on several things but please play the game first and feel free to provide general feedback.

You can find the game here: http://downloads.garagecoder.com/LD26/index.html

Done playing, then great, I've got some questions for you.

-- Did you notice the animations and if so how long did it take? What would you change to make them more readable/obvious?

-- What would you modify to increase the fun/challenge without detracting from the message/experience?

-- Did the ending play out like you expected and would you want it to be different?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:08:27 PM by BenW » Logged

My Website: GarageCoder
CptnWaffles
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »

At first it seemed like people were simply wandering off on their own (the high population hides the animation fairly well).  After a while, it became pretty obvious though.  Maybe another change of color would help, like a shade of red but that definitely would break your current color scheme.  Honestly, I liked it how it is currently.

If you're looking for a challenge increase, you could have anti-couples, people who will grab someone from your group, look happy initially, but eventually break up within a few seconds.  Another thought on increasing difficulty (though that might cause frustration) would be to have people wander from your group in a minute if not satisfied.

All in all, I started to see a pattern and the ending was expected but definitely enjoyable nonetheless.  It was very nice and somewhat relaxing to play.
flipswitchx
Level 0

hooray!

flipswitchx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »

I noticed the animations after a little while, at first I wasn't sure why the people I collected were leaving but then it made sense, game-play and message wise.

I really liked the message/experience and it doesn't seem like it would benefit from becoming a challenge game. But you could have tsundere people that come, well actually they are like that already, well then I don't know, but color would be nice. Many different colored people would probably provide challenge and add to the metaphor. They could still be greyed out if they aren't interested.

Yes I loved the ending Smiley Thanks

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic