Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:49:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCentury
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Century  (Read 4017 times)
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »

Nice visuals and interesting idea! If you haven't played it yet then check out Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - guess you can get some inspiration from there if you get stuck otherwise: Keep it up! =)

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »

OH MAN

i love the art style of this so much wow

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »

very very nice! I like how your more prototypie graphics already have that color scheme that you have established in the sketches. Good luck with getting it playable and fun.

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 03:56:36 AM »

really nice concepts!

I believe the gameplay could be really interersting and fun - but simple at the same time.
It reminds me slightly of manufactoria, you know it?

I'll keep following!
Nice art!

♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »

- c023-DeV: Thanks, I have played it though I don't find it particularly inspiring for one reason or another.

- jamesprimate: Awesome, I'm glad!

- jonbro: Yeah, the colour and shape stuff will be important for how players learn about the mechanics of the game.

- sclly: Simplicity is very important for me with the core mechanics. The interactions between mechanics however will be very complex by the end of the game. I didn't know of that I will definitely check it out, thanks!
♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 05:41:51 AM »

Here are some sketches, there are larger versions over at devlog.centuryga.me.

♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 05:42:02 AM »

Devlog 4 :

I’ve spent the majority of my time recently working with graphics, some atmospheric elements and sound. I’ve altered my original plans for the graphics and integrated hand drawn elements for the interactive machines in each area. I did this for several reasons. I definitely felt the need to differentiate this game’s look from those with all black foreground elements. While I believe there’s still alot more room for innovation in that particular style, I still felt as though I had strengths in other areas that I wasn’t really taking advantage of. Another reason being I’ve been seeing in some early testing I’m doing, how important it will be to indicate to the player what is interactive and what is part of the scenery. The trade off here is of course it takes a good deal more time to create assets. The process involves drawing the machines, scanning them and then colouring them. I think it’s worth it.

Sound is going to be a large component in the game, both in developing the atmosphere as well as being incorporated in gameplay. All machines and their parts make sounds when they are turning off and on. I hope once the interactions are complex enough the machines will generate their own music that the player can manipulate. To this purpose i’ve started developing machines and puzzles with this in mind. A simple example of this being a series of lights you can play that each have different notes. A machine will speak a phrase of notes to you and you have to repeat it back.

Here's a mockup of the changes i'm making to the graphics. I'll post some video once i've got them in game. Larger version at devlog.centuryga.me

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »

digging the art direction a LOT! <3

trexrell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »

The concepts are really nice. The idea is pretty original and can't wait to see it pulled off. Really interesting stuff here. I'm not too good with the repeat pattern type games but I can't wait to see that implemented.

braddev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 09:22:51 AM »

Sounds like a great idea - I love the logo.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic