Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:00:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLife As A Game Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Life As A Game Designer  (Read 4200 times)
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2013, 10:52:05 PM »

I made a minigame that is supposed to convey the frustration of life's distractions while trying to complete a project.

It's called (my) Life as a Game (designer)

or LAAGD, for short.

-> http://www.invincibletime.com/p/laagd.html

Sort of a meta in-joke for the game making crowd, or something. Other than that absolutely worthless.

Have a go why don't you.
 Gentleman  Coffee

trilby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »

Haha!  From what I gather its sort of pointless but IO still spent 10 minutes on it.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »

It was a bit too tedious to play through the whole thing (much like making a game in real life), but it was SUCH a cool game. I loved the graphics and the idea behind it.

MidBoss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »

Yes, I would say this is what my life feels like. I like the girlfriend system.

Ninjas can't catch you if your on fire.
-Dr.McNinja
Archendrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:44:36 AM »

That was neat =)  I got a lot more work done once the girlfriend left.  She was too much maintenance, lol.   
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »

this was actually really good. Got anxiety trying to think of a way to make the game faster but still do everything else. Smiley great game. should put it up on newgrounds!
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »

Bugged out on me when I got the computer error. It said "...restoring..." so I went and did some other stuff... the phone rang and I answered it. It still said "...restoring..." at the bottom.

When I tried to use the computer it did nothing and that text was just always at the bottom.

solkar
Level 0

One chili to bind them into hotness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:34:51 AM »

This game makes me even more anxious.  Waaagh!
DAISHI
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »

I'm a sucker for games like this.

The Golden Anvil - A Handdrawn Adventure Game

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32975.0
Monstr1337
Level 0

Flash / iOS Dev

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »

This is so cool! I'm sleeping in bed while it's daytime. Just like a "real" indie dev would do. Will there be day/ night cycles?

Newbie in training
ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »

This is actually a pretty good game. It would be nice if there was a day & night system.
I just saw the person walking under the car, could this be a bug?
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

Bugged out on me when I got the computer error. It said "...restoring..." so I went and did some other stuff... the phone rang and I answered it. It still said "...restoring..." at the bottom.

When I tried to use the computer it did nothing and that text was just always at the bottom.

Thank you, I will investigate the occurrence!

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »

Thanks for the positive feedback you guys! I didn't think it would get any. Smiley

This is so cool! I'm sleeping in bed while it's daytime. Just like a "real" indie dev would do. Will there be day/ night cycles?
This is actually a pretty good game. It would be nice if there was a day & night system.

Since this is a multiple person request, Perhaps I will work a day/night cycle in for a newgrounds version. There should be a thinky icon for times like this.

(Oh and the car thing isn't a bug it's just hard to figure out when to switch the order of the person and the car so it looks right because it's a 2d engine after all. Shrug)

Monstr1337
Level 0

Flash / iOS Dev

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »

Thanks for the positive feedback you guys! I didn't think it would get any. Smiley

Since this is a multiple person request, Perhaps I will work a day/night cycle in for a newgrounds version. There should be a thinky icon for times like this.

(Oh and the car thing isn't a bug it's just hard to figure out when to switch the order of the person and the car so it looks right because it's a 2d engine after all. Shrug)

:D Well the game is fantastic!

I loved how everything was interactive in the house. I have a soft spot for these kinds of games where you can go around a livingroom and touch everything and it reacts back to you. Also, just sleeping in the bed was awesome enough! I ran out of gas and then died walking along the highway because the one girl said "You have a brain use it". I guess I died from dev depression Sad 

Newbie in training
bilnit
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »

How do you get a new girlfriend?
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 05:38:36 AM »

How do you get a new girlfriend?

Sorry billnit you don't for now. I thought of adding a tiny overworld with a handful of locations. So like maybe the mall or a coffee shop, but the options got staggering and i had to real it in. Perhaps in a remake or expansion one day  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic