Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:15:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Forgettable Dungeon: Online Co-op Roguelike - Early Access Release!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Online Co-op Roguelike - Early Access Release!  (Read 47484 times)
Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2015, 07:04:53 PM »

Probably last update until after PAX but a great by product of the super crits glyph is crit chaining between enemies.

In case I forgot to mention it our booth is #10193, pictured below.

bithead
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2015, 07:10:39 PM »

Those trading cards are an awesome idea. Good luck at PAX!

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2015, 10:35:16 AM »

PAX went really great, I'm going to collect all the videos and pictures in a day or two and make a post about it.

Unrelated to PAX yesterday I spent most of the day fixing my svn repo, but I also made some progress on the ice world textures.

Still need to find a neat thing to do with the ground tiles but I like the colors and the icicles look good.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »

I made a gif demonstrating the throwing mechanic.

I also made another chest explosion gif because these are very fun to make!

I also added the game to indie DB, I don't know if anyone uses that here but I figure it's good to get the game into as many places as I can.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

I added support for slippery ice for the new ice levels.

This was much harder than it should have been due to very convoluted player class, but I got this working decently.

I'm trying to aim for a spelunky feel as to not be too unfair.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »

WIP frozen effect, this happens whenever the paralysis effect comes into play.

Having your feet covered in ice is much easier to read for other players, also it's funny when you get picked up and there's ice on your feet.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »

Made it so you can shake while frozen, to further communicate how frozen you are.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »

I improved the look of the stuck/bear trap effect, now it literally looks a bear trap.

When in this mode you can rotate and attack but you can't move, also all enemies get first attack on you.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »

WIP ice level trap

I have no idea what to make the particle effects look like in this game, can't decide if I want all effects to be voxelesque.

Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2015, 12:28:56 PM »

Looking goooood. Could you not just spit out a bunch of mini coloured blue voxels (of variation) to make it look like a spray?

Weak example found online:

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2015, 03:11:16 PM »

Looking goooood. Could you not just spit out a bunch of mini coloured blue voxels (of variation) to make it look like a spray?

Weak example found online:

Yeah I definitely need to try this in the future, the system's currently not set up to easily do that but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I messed around with bringing the boomerang back, now it is an interactable that you can pick up in a similar way to spelunkys boomerang.

Not sure if I'll be able to properly balance this thing out though, all the other alt items and random throwables are balanced due to being limited use.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »

I was going to wait to announce this but I figured now's the best time as any.

Finally you can live out your dream of having your pixel horse be covered in glorious golden pixels!

I know what you're thinking, there's no horses in this game!

Well you're right, but if we do eventually add horses wouldn't you want yours to stand out?

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »

I added an animation for when you go down the ladder,

It's funny even with the tool tips that pop up when you go over the ladder some people still have problems finding out how to go down, I wonder if I should just make it so you go down automatically.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »

Added a separate animation for throwing a team mate down the ladder, it goes well with the comical acme sound.

Also added an adorable penguin to the game, that'll be used on the ice level.

xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »

I messed around with bringing the boomerang back, now it is an interactable that you can pick up in a similar way to spelunkys boomerang.

Not sure if I'll be able to properly balance this thing out though, all the other alt items and random throwables are balanced due to being limited use.

That boomerang looks great. You can try making it parallel to the player character until it gets thrown. Then it feels like the player is holding it. Also, boomerangs sometimes break. Also, Link had a boomerang. That means its cool.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »

Thanks for the feedback on the boomerang!

Behold the greatest change ever, haunted meat!

Ha ha... Anyway the actual intended effect was to make the xp easier to pickup.

Subtle, but this at times greatly reduces the annoyance of chasing down errant xp, it's also fun to watch.

The_RonJones
Level 0

Ron Jones The Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2015, 12:13:37 AM »

Not normally into dungeon crawlers... but i'd play this just because of the art :D

My nipples are Indie...
Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2015, 08:46:37 PM »

Not normally into dungeon crawlers... but i'd play this just because of the art :D

Thanks, it's funny how hard it can be at times to make things look like an object with only 8x8 or so pixels.

----

I Messed around with the stat text a bit, it now warps out of existence and doesn't fly into the sky.

Timing needs to be tweaked a bit, while it's easier to read at 60fps it's still a bit too fast.

deab
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2015, 05:38:58 AM »

Nice twist on 3d pixel art, and really like all the pixels flying about.
The_RonJones
Level 0

Ron Jones The Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:15 PM »

I Messed around with the stat text a bit, it now warps out of existence and doesn't fly into the sky.

Yeah I can see that working better, nice

My nipples are Indie...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic