Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:47:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Forgettable Dungeon: Online Co-op Roguelike - Early Access Release!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Online Co-op Roguelike - Early Access Release!  (Read 47449 times)
Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »

I'm prepping to show the game at Boston FIG and I got a few new things working.

4 Player Split Screen:

I've also been working on a postcard to give out for the game, this is the first time I've ever made something like this so any feedback is welcome.

I'm not really sure what else to put on the card, I think just keeping it basic is probably the best idea, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2014, 05:34:21 AM »

The basic concept of your postcard is good - title is prominent, balanced color scheme, contact info is prominent, concise description of the game.

The change I would suggest is making the gameplay shots occupy more space. Those screenshots look very tiny on the card to me right now - I think it might be good to offset them vertically a bit (in a triangle or diagonal arrangement) and make them like 50% larger (allowing them to overlap a bit if necessary).

I'm not a graphic designer, so take this with a grain of salt Smiley.
AJARTCGA
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2014, 05:59:37 AM »

This looks awesome! I can't wait to see more!

I agree with Low_Chance though, the screenshots could probably be a wee bit bigger, but otherwise it looks good.

Follow Team White Sleeve on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WSleeveStudios
Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »

You guys both made great points, sadly they had to go to print a day before you guys posted D:

Anyway so I exhibited at the Boston FIG show last saturday, had a blast and people really seemed to love the game.

I made a long post about it on my blog but I'll make a quick summary here as well.

http://www.odnotor.com/post/97776365129/boston-fig-show

Printouts/Banner came out pretty good

Added a simple boss to bookend the demo, also shortened the game to 6 floors.

Here's how the booth turned out, had to improvise a wall when it turned out they didn't have one set up.

Learned a bunch here's a quick bulletin summary:

• If you can’t have an elaborate booth setup go for a banner that will make people think about the game
  • Any handout is better than no handout, I was amazed that I gave out 160 postcards by the end of the day.
  • Shockingly many people asked if there was some type of email newsletter they can join, I didn’t have one but this is definitely something to consider in the future
  • If possible four player or more multiplayer setup, co-op or competitive. This really drew people in, there was not a single time during the show that the booth was empty.
  • Try your hardest to find someone to help you man the booth, I did this solo and by the end of the day I was dead, I barely squeezed in any time to eat the whole day.
  • Try to raise the TV to about eye level about average height, by the end of the day my neck was hurting looking down.
  • Hand sanitizer, bring it

Had a blast doing the show, will definitely do this next year. Hopefully will be able to exhibit at PAX East this year as well.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »

Having a bit of a slow week but I added EXTREME shaky cam to the game,

Probably not going to be this extreme in the end sadly.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

Forgot to post this the other day, added the ability for players to pick other living players up and throw them around.

Inadvertently this created hilarious stacking abilities.

Got a lot on my to do list but I think I'm going to concentrate on making each subset/section of dungeon look really unique in the coming weeks.

Right now the levels are split up into chunks of four but they lack heavy theming.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »

Hah,funny. Will throwing players damage enemies or other damage-able items? Will it damage the players themselves?

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »

Hah,funny. Will throwing players damage enemies or other damage-able items? Will it damage the players themselves?

Right now throwing players at enemies damages the enemy but not the thrown player, but this may change in the future.

I'm probably going to make it so when you throw players at obstacles you just smash them open, if there's anything I've learned while making this game people like to smash things lol.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »

Finally getting back on track with this game, started messing around with a jungle theme for the second set of levels.

Kind of rough at the moment but this was one of the main points people made at the boston fig show, they wanted the levels to have more heavy themeing to them.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »

I added a mysterious fountain.

I plan to add a couple more things like this, to make the environment more interactable.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2014, 07:46:38 AM »

Messing around with adding a final fantasy 1 style chat box, trying to trick people into reading things.

I've also increased the overall size of the text at the bottom of the screen, had too many people squinting to read it lol...

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »

I like the concept of an online zelda with silly voxels
Eldan_Knight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »

This 2D/3D world looks amazing! Great work the editor is pretty awesome!
Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2014, 07:11:29 PM »

Thanks for the comments!

I've been messing around with a new arrow trap that functions similiar to zelda/spelunky/la mulana traps, you can also throw stuff in the path of the trap to deactivate it.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »

I spiced up the intro to the boss a bit, added a jump cut system for intros.

This is just a test but it works pretty well, now just imagine some zelda-esque dramatic music.

( This is in game not just a slideshow of pictures )

I've also been messing with a full pathed camera for intros like this but I needed something simple and quick for now.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »

Added shaky cam and music to boss intro,

Video = https://twitter.com/Rotondo/status/535503802531852288

I'll make a gif of this later when I have time.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »

I uploaded some gameplay footage from the current version,

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2014, 10:44:07 PM »

Gif version of the skeleton shaky intro scene

The shaky addition really make this shot, that plus the music really makes this come together.

Pics of the new level themes,

One of the main things people wanted from the Boston FIG show were more varied levels for variety and to show and feel progress better.

So far I like what I have for the first two level themes, now I just need to come up with two more for the later half of the game.

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »

New bouncer trap that you may have seen if you watched the gameplay trailer, click the vine link if you want to hear the sproingy noise.

https://vine.co/v/OJLqjDq0MJK

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »

Time for a super boring but important gif showing controller support in menus!

Woo progress!

But seriously more PC games need to support controllers in menus, at very least allow the player to get into game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic